I am selling my home and the buyers have asked for all furniture and accessories. Would bedding be considered an accessory?

Asked by Sarahtrachsel, San Diego, CA Thu Jan 24, 2013

I made a list of the things I was taking, but am now worried they will try to keep the things I just assumed would automatically leave with me.

Answers

2
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Thu Jan 24, 2013
We sell homes here furnished all the time and the owner literally walk out the door and lock it with everything from spoons to dishes to toilet paper there. We include a Bill of Sale that tells what does not convey. You need to have a talk with your agent and the buyers agent to see what they expect.
Ron Thomas, Agent, Fresno, CA
Thu Jan 24, 2013
According to our Calif. Purchase Agreement;
there are spaces for listing item INCLUDED in the sale, and items EXCLUDED.
The rule of thumb is that if it is ATTACHED, it is understood that it goes with the house.
The classic item, most disputed is CURTAINS; but they are attached, which is why they are disputed.

If you want to get rid of the BEDDING, include it. If it is nice, you should get something for it. If it is "deal breaker", let it go. I wouldn't give it away.

If you are concerned about an anal buyer, who may question everything; I would have your Agent make up and ADDENDUM with everything listed as INCLUDED or EXCLUDED, so that there is no come-back on you.