I am selling my home. It is listed at 479k I am not happy with the amt i feel its too low. what do u feel its worth 18923 harnett st 91326?

Asked by Debbie, Northridge, CA Thu Jul 28, 2011

we just received an offer at 450k

Answers

4
Rita Erangey…, Agent, Encino, CA
Thu Jul 28, 2011
The assessor shows 2.054 sf for the house. It appears there is very little usable yard. If the extra 480 sf you have listed in the 2,534sf is not permitted, this will have a considerable negative effect on the sale price, as well as any buyers that will be willing to take one the potential hazard of unpermitted additions to a house. I think under the circumstances, the list price is quite reasonable at this time.
Brian Hatkoff, Agent, Chatsworth, CA
Thu Jul 28, 2011
The other two agents are correct on point. The value of a property is exactly what someone is willing to pay for it. The marketplace determines that value. Have you had showings with no offers or has there been no activity. Is the agent marketing the property and where? These are all factors to make the correct determination. It is inappropriate for another broker to discuss these matters with you if you currently have the property listed with an agent. You need to determine if your agent is doing the correct job, and if you think he is not, ask for a release of the listing and secure the services of another agent that could be recommneded to you by people you know. Hope that helps.
Marc Schwartz, Agent, Chatsworth, CA
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Debbie,

Since you are listed for sale, I would speak to your agent to discuss this matter and determine why you feel that the price is to low.

Marc Schwartz
Web Reference:  http://www.MarcSchwartz..com
Richard Schu…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Thu Jul 28, 2011
Hi Debbie,
There are not many good comps in the last few months for your home, however looking back 6 months, there are sales comps of 450K, 450K, 491K, 590K - based on sq ft and radius. Keep in mind there are factors such as condition, exact location, lot size, layout, etc that get factored in too, so for a professional to accurately assess your home's value, they would need see it and know a little more about it. Talk to you agent, and find out how they came up with that price. Also keep in mind homes sell for what they are worth. Even if priced lower, a home may sell for higher. Actually, 2 of those comps above were listed for LOWER than they ended up selling for.
Richard Schulman