I am putting my house up for sale July 1st. I am unable to pay my mortgage payment as of June 1st. Will that cause a problem once my house sales?

Asked by Pzavery77, Spring, TX Mon Jun 7, 2010

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Nazario Trujillo’s answer
Nazario Truj…, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Apr 30, 2012
It should not depending on how much you owe in your home...

The first thing is actually to get in touch with your lender and see if they would accept/approve to do a Short Sale on your house...

If you are delinquent on your mortgage, a Short Sale is usually what the Lien Holders/Banks would allow you to do, it will not affect you as much as having a foreclosure on your record...

Call me for more details or if you have any more questions...

Thank you,

Nazario Trujillo
REO/BPO Certified
TAHS, SFR, R. E. Consultant/Realtor
Sun Realty
Cell: 832-892-8730
Fax: 281-907-0199
E-mail: naztrujillo@sbcglobal.net
0 votes
Gita Bantwal, Agent, Jamison, PA
Thu Jul 1, 2010
Go to http://www.hudgov and look up hud approved loan counselor in your area and get guidance. You should talk to your lender and see if you can make payment arrangements. You never know how long it will take to sell.
Web Reference:  http://www.gitabantwal.com
0 votes
Amanda Nicod…, Agent, Spring, TX
Wed Jun 30, 2010
It sounds as if you are selling your house because you are facing a hardship, i.e., inability to pay due to loss of income (for example). Since you cannot pay your mortgage payment, it may be possible to sell your house as a "short sale". But of course, that depends on how much your property is worth and how much you owe on your mortgage loan.

I will be glad to offer you my assistance in selling your property and helping you negotiate with the bank/lender.

I am helped numerous homeowners in selling their 'short' properties and avoiding foreclosure in the Spring, Texas market.

Please contact me directly at 281-380-5589 for immediate response.
Web Reference:  http://www.amandahomes.com
0 votes
Voices Member, , 77379
Sat Jun 12, 2010
Pzavery77, Hi, please take a sec to check out my website http://www.alerstllc.net. My company specializes in Carlton Woods short sales. Please call me anytime to discuss your situation in order to determine if a shortsale would be appropriate.
0 votes
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Jun 9, 2010
Pzavery - if you have enough funds from the equity in the house, based on the sale price, to pay off your mortgage in full at the closing, you won't need a "short sale specialist".

Only you know what your financial situation is at this time.
Find out realistically what your home is worth - then see if that is enough to pay off anything you owe on the home.
If it is enough, you will be fine, and will not need to look into a "short sale" for your home.

If you don't have enough equity, or the sale price will not be high enough to pay off the mortage and any other house-related debt, then you may very well have to look into other options before you can sell.

Best wishes............
0 votes
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Mon Jun 7, 2010
You will have to pay off in full whatever you owe in order to close without any problems .

Will you be, or are you, upside down on your mortgage (will you have enough equity to pay off the mortgage including back payments), or are you just not able to make the current payments?

If you can find a buyer who pays you enough so you can pay off your mortgage, including any back payments, you should be fine. I hope you are current on your property taxes, as they will have to be paid in full, too.

Good luck and best wishes........
0 votes
Patrick Thies, Agent, Anytown, IL
Mon Jun 7, 2010
It could. What about Julys payment, Augusts payment, September etc.?

When the house sells, whoever you have your mortgage with will get paid the balance due on the loan including any payments and fees not yet paid out of the proceeds from the sale. If you can't sell the house for what is owed, then you will be resposible for the balance and would need to bring money to closing. If you can't bring money to closing, then the sale would most likely be a short sale. A short sale is when more is owed then the property sells for. The seller asks the bank to forgive the difference. There are requirements in order to do a short sale.

If you are using an agent to sell your house, I would bring this up with her/him. If you are selling by owner, you will have your hands full and will need help. Best of luck
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Spring Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more