ddd, Other/Just Looking in 34470

I am looking to sell my home here in PA. I've had a few realtors do a CMA for me. There's a difference of

Asked by ddd, 34470 Thu Apr 17, 2008

about 20-25 thousand dollar between the CMAs, why? And how do I know which realtor to choose? I don't what the house price set too high/low.

Answers

3
Andrew D. Tr…, , Kingston, PA
Mon Apr 21, 2008
Pumpkin,

It would be great to get all of the agents you interview to give you the same opinion about the right price to sell your home. Some will want to show you a high price, in hopes of getting your listing. This can be disastrous, as the most action you'll get on your listing will be in the initial few weeks of being on the market. On the other hand, you can have some agents who will extimate your home's value low in order to get a quick sale. You should discuss your strategy with them and make sure they have a good understanding of what you are trying to achieve...other than a sold home, that is.
Tunkhannock has a slightly higher Days on Market than the Wilkes-Barre or Scranton areas, so you can expect it to take a bit more time to sell than homes in those other areas. You would also do well to ask to see the comps (other homes in your area that they used to base their CMA on) so you can see that they do, indeed, provide a good comparison for your pricing strategy. You will want to see what has sold in the recent (3-6) months and what is currently on the market so you'll know what your competition is like.
Always remember that you can be as involved with the process as you want, but you are relying on the expertise of the agent who is listing your home to get it sold for you. Finally, be sure you are comfortable with your agent's strategy to get your home sold. Good luck!!
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Thu Apr 17, 2008
Pumpkin
In selling a home the list price is probably 80% of the battle. Understanding what that price should be and why is key to you and your Realtor being successful. That means that selecting a Realtor on price alone is not adequate.

They need to be able to show you how they market, then you decide if that plan will accomplish the job. Determine the expected results, compare to actual, then adjust.
Russell Volk, Agent, Bucks, AL
Thu Apr 17, 2008
Some of the estimates are based on the agent's personal opinions and beliefs. One agent can think that your house is worth $xxx and the other agent can think differently. If you're concerned with the estimates, talk to your agents. Ask them to explain how they came up with that number.

Regarding chooising an agent, go with your gut feel. The best agent for you might not necesserily be the best agent for someone else. Your personalities have to click. And don't forget the marketing plan. You need to know where and how your house will be advertised. Will you have the Internet exposure and how much? Will there be print advertisement (not as good as Internet), but still, you need to know how your agent will be selling your house. Your agent must utilize technology as much as possible.

If you're interested, you can read some very informative articles on my website at http://www.ephiladelphiarealestate.com/Selling_Tips/page_170… which should give you some more insight into the selling process.

Hope this helps.