I am looking for websites that I can advertise my house for sale. I have it on trulia and on nnymls.Is there any other options out there for me?

Asked by Colleen Pender, Watertown, NY Wed Jul 27, 2011

Answers

9
Barry Stewart, Agent, Watertown, NY
Thu Sep 27, 2012
Colleen,

Be very carefull not to duplicate what your agent is doing because it will mean less exposure and not more. A good agent will know all the possible websites to post your property to but when the same address comes from more than one source they often cancel each other out. In effect, you could be confusing the system and it will default to doing nothing. When I first started attacking the internet marketing sites to get maximum exposure for my clients, I discovered that i was not making it on many sites as I thought I would be. After a lot of research and testing, I discovered that some of the sites I was paying for were pushing the information to someof the same sites. (This is called syndication.) I was using postlets which was syndicating to some of the sites that my board's website was syndicating to. Our company website was also syndicating to some of the same sites. The end result was that several of the sites were not getting anything because the multiple syndications were cancelling each other out and some of the sites had my stuff listed more than once which is not as good as it may sound. Each site pushes different information and these multiple postings usually end up looking like they are in reference to different properties even though the pictures are the same. This can result in some people wondering if there is some type of funny business going on. It took me months to work out exactly who was syndicating to who and how to get maximum exposure. A good agent will also know how to check each of these sites for the proper information and to ensure all the pictures possible are posted. The information often gets jumbled, changed, or dropped when it gets syndicated from one site to another. You have to seek out and correct these issues. Also, many of the sites will only push one picture. Some that push all their pictures will have a lower limit for pictures than where they are pushing to. For example, if site A only allows 8 pics and syndicates to site B that allows 25 pictures, then the agent has to go into site B to get the other 17 pics posted. Since maximum pics is always desirable, this is important.

That was a long-winded and complicated answer but the process is complicated and time-consuming and easy to mess up if you don't know all the ins and outs.

barry
Lorina Carbee…, Agent, Edwards, CO
Wed Aug 3, 2011
Your agent should be doing plenty of advertising for you. We have a ton of resources to help your house sell. Talk to your agent and see what they would like your help with.
Colleen Pend…, Both Buyer And Seller, Watertown, NY
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Yes I do have an agent but i want to advertise as much as possible
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Most home buyers use Realtor website to search for homes for sale AND contact buyers agent show properties

Good luck FSBO

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Wed Jul 27, 2011
For maximized exposure, if you are not listed with an agent consider the idea...
Jacques Ambr…, Agent, Forest Hills, NY
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Try postlets.com it puts it on several websites
Gerard Carney, Agent, Spring Hill, FL
Wed Jul 27, 2011
You have a Real Estate Agent?
Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Yes, hire a professional to do the job. Properties sold by Realtors end up selling at 21.76% more than homeowners who try to do it themselves to save a commission.
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
Cathy Sloan, Agent, Jacksonville, FL
Wed Jul 27, 2011
Most local MLS boards feed your listing to other websites. Usually the more photos the better placement you can get in some venues. Zillow.com allows owners to place listings. Many websites will only allow realtor listings. search Zillow.com , Realtor.com, Homes.com to see if your listing appears.
Web Reference:  http://move2jacksonville.com