Elizabeth, Home Seller in 06512

I am looking for the average number of days a home is for sale in new haven/east haven (06512).

Asked by Elizabeth, 06512 Wed Jun 18, 2008

Answers

5
Realty Group…, , Connecticut
Sun Jul 3, 2011
Average days on the market when priced at current market value based on a Market Analysis in writing will be on an average of 60 to 90 days. Pricing is key to numbe of days on the market. You want to allow room to negotiate to be able to get your home's market value as well.

We can be reached at 203-466-7653 if you would like to talk to one of our Full Time licensed Realtors for a consultation and a free market value analysis of your home.
Joe Fasone, Agent, Milford, CT
Mon Sep 1, 2008
Elizabeth,
I just noticed that all agents responding prior to my recent reply are from outside your market. As you know, East Haven is quite diverse, as is New Haven. In East Haven you have the Main St. District, Momaguin, Foxn, what I call the corridor (No. High St.). Where precisely are you talking about? I know that I can assist you furthur... Joe F. 203-772-5712
Joe Fasone, Agent, Milford, CT
Mon Sep 1, 2008
Wonderful question! Begs the question, why do you ask? Are you a seller believing that her listing agent or agency has under-performed as compared to the initial promises? Are you considering a sale and want to time things accordingly? Offerring on a home and believe that the seller needs to season further, and become more reasonably priced? Let me know more and your answer will be processed in just a few minutes time. Joe Fasone 203-772-5712
Dan Ross, Agent, Southington, CT
Wed Jun 18, 2008
The other thing to look at is the time on market within your price range. High end homes will be different than starter homes. If you know an approximate value of your home, if you are thinking of selling, then we could share the numbers for that range.
As Elizabeth said, condition makes a big difference in time on market. If time is a factor for you, list your home at the bottom of the range given to you. Otherwise you wind up trailing the market and getting less in the end.
Web Reference:  http://www.danrossre.com
Donna Spring…, , 06525
Wed Jun 18, 2008
Hi, Elizabeth,

Based on statistics from the New Haven County MLS, since Jan 2008 27 homes in 06512 have sold.
The average DOM (Days on Market) was 89
The average List Price was $244,545
The average Sales Price was 233,852 (or 95% of List Price)

Remember, homes that are in good condition and in a desirable location sell faster and for more money.
There are many programs available for buyers through FHA or even seller-financed programs so its important to talk to a knowledgable Realtor. We have our own in-house mortgage broker who makes both finding the right program and processing the mortgage easy for our clients.

If you need any help, feel free to contact me or visit my website.
Web Reference:  http://CTHomeConsultant.com