I am looking for an investor in my property. Where do I go? I have a home in Livermore, California. I can

Asked by Dianne, Livermore, CA Sat Dec 29, 2007

rent it for 2,000 but I still have 1200.00 to cover mortgage. I want to have someone spilt the difference and they would get half the tax credit. Is that a good deal? How do I find this person?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Darla, Home Buyer, Redding, CA
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Have you considered selling the home? Or rent with a lease option to buy?
0 votes
Darla, Home Buyer, Redding, CA
Tue Oct 2, 2012
Have you considered selling the home? Or rent with a lease option to buy?
0 votes
Joanna Jensen, Other Pro, Livermore, CA
Thu Feb 18, 2010
Hi Dianne,
I am local in Pleasanton. I work with an attorney and specialize in helping homeowners stay in their home.
I would love to talk to you about options for keeping your home.
I have successfully modified several homes savings thousands of dollars per month for my clients.
Please feel free to give me a call.
JoAnna Jensen
925 699 5041
Web Reference:  http://www.hotmail.com
0 votes
Dianne, Home Buyer, Livermore, CA
Sun Apr 6, 2008

This is how it would work...I purchased the home for 565,000...Right now, it has tanked. I have a renter for 1900.00 ...I am looking for someone to spilt the different of 700.00. We would do a land trust...so no one gets screwed. Right now, there is NO equity in the home . :(.....Whoever I go in on, I would like to keep it for 5 years (Until the market subsides) ...Interested? I will call you.
0 votes
Joe, Home Buyer, San Jose, CA
Thu Apr 3, 2008
Dianne, I woud be interested in finding out more as an investor. Could you contact me at 408-515-1069 please?

0 votes
Phillip Fiew…, , Oakland, CA
Tue Apr 1, 2008
It seems that you are looking for something similar to what is known as equity sharing. There are lenders that offer these types of programs and the terms vary from lender to lender. Basically, the lender loans you money based on them receiving a portion of the future equity of the home. When the home is sold the lender receives their money then. You can use the money you receive to pay down the current mortgage to get your monthly payments closer to what you can rent it for. As for tax credits, if you are talking about the write off you get for interest, then you only get it if the home is your primary residence. You should consult with a tax attorney or CPA for more information about the tax consequences of what you would like to do.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more