Anon, Home Seller in Downtown, Los Angeles,...

I am looking for a referral on an experienced realtor that specializes in short sales and works in the

Asked by Anon, Downtown, Los Angeles, CA Sat May 31, 2008

I am unable to keep up with my payments and believe that a short sale is the best option. I am looking for a realtor with strong experience in short sales in the downtown LA market. Thank you.

Hi Anon, unfortunately, I don't have a referral for you, but a suggestion.

When you do connect with a realtor, interview them and ask them about short sales. Some of the questions may include:
1. How many short sales have you worked on?
2. Did you represent buyers or sellers in the short sale? A seller's agent has a lot more work to do on a short sale and needs to understand how the process works and what the loss mitigators at the bank(s) expect.
3. Have them explain the short sale process to you?
4. Ask them about what they would need to do first?
5. Ask them which banks they worked with. Each bank unfortunately has their own requirements.
Hope this helps.
3 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 31, 2008
I've sold and bought them in L.A. and Arizona. Qualified is my middle name. How may I be of assistance?
Web Reference: http://www.skyminor.com
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Jun 2, 2008
Feel free to contact us anytime. We specialize in short sales and foreclosure properties. We have worked with majority of the lenders in the industry.

Heather Paul
Coldwell Banker
Hi Anon,

I am a downtown realtor and have done many short sales on the selling and buying end. Please feel free to contact me at infolalofts@aol.com or 310-795-1261.

Paula Samuel
Downtown LA Realty

I would suggest going to the tab on Trulia that says "Find a Pro". Read as much as you can on the Real Estate Agent. If you're still not convinced, ask for referral testimonials.....in writing.

Best of Luck!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 6, 2010
Outside of Fannie Mae - They dont exist - (trick question?) They cannot happen....read the trust provisions. The issuance containing Pass-through investor certificate for Countryw.....what ever, , , No no no! Your perpetrating a wrongful act if so - cannot happen! MORTGAGE LIES! Okay ....Good luck!
Hello Anon,

I have done short sales before. Honestly, not in Downtown LA but other parts of LA. If you are looking specifically for an agent that works Downtown, please shoot me an email and I'd be happy to give you a referral. If not, I'd be more than happy to help.

Monique Carrabba
Keller Williams Wilshire
The Reavis Group