I am looking for a commercial realtor. Can you please tell me what an associate broker is?

Asked by Karen, cosgrove Thu Jun 26, 2008

What do the initials ASR, SRES stand for after the person's name?
Also, what kind of certificates or licenses should they have in NY?
When they advertise to sell my commercial property what kind of web sites, newspapers are used?
What kind of questions should be asked to get a competent one?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Gail Gladsto…, Agent, 11743, NY
Thu Jun 26, 2008
I am a commercial Realtor. An Associate Broker is a Broker who does not own their own agency, but works under another broker. What they share is the extra experience and extra education.

SRES is Senior Real Estate Specialist. The only ASR I have ever heard of is text to voice recognition called automatic speech recognition.

CCIM is the highest commercial designation possible at this point...it is like a Master's Degree. They should be a member of the National Association of Realtors (they answer to a higher power).

They should be advertising your property on the local Multiple Listing Service, Loopnet.com, PropertyLine.com, Landnet, co-star, and any other commercial sites they can find. Newspapers are no longer a good source; however, if your property is a specialty property that would be appropriate, for instance, to a restaurant...they should be looking at trade industry rags and contacting reps from national chains.

You might ask for reference letters, names and numbers of past clients you can call...A WRITTEN MARKETING PLAN...and trust your gut.
Web Reference:  http://GailGladstone.com
1 vote
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Lake George Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more