I am located in North Putnam County, not too far away from South Dutchess county. MLS# 3233903

Asked by housesweethouse, 10512 Mon Dec 10, 2012

Should I consider listing in the Mid-Hudson MLS as well as where I already am listed, in Westchester/Putnam?
I am offering 3% to the buyer's agent, which is (I believe anyway) made clear in the MLS listing. Thanks for any insights offered.

Answers

4
Michael Levy’s answer
Michael Levy, Agent, Armonk, NY
Mon Dec 10, 2012
The more exposure you get the sooner you'll be able to sell & the more money you'll get. However, in my experience, the Mid-Hudson MLS doesn't do much. But every little bit helps. More importantly-how is the supply & demand in your segment & how are you postioned against your competition? I can help you or your listing agent should be able to help you. Call me if you want to talk about it. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty, 914-273-9688. http://www.GrandLuxRealty.com.

We're looking for more agents & offer commission splits up to 80% with no fees.

If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $2,000 each for your agent recruits.
Anne Durante, Agent, Jefferson Valley, NY
Fri Mar 22, 2013
It's always best to include in both but you should discuss this with your agent and get their stance on it.
Donald Mituz…, Agent, Chappaqua, NY
Sun Jan 20, 2013
It doesn't hurt, but you'll find that brokers tend to show things that are north of their location and not as much south. What tends to happen in Putnam is an agent will be showing homes in Northern Westchester and the buyer can't find what they want. Prices are a bit less in Putnam and frequently a buyer will be willing to look a bit farther north to find what they want. As a result, Westchester agents tend to show in Putnam. Dutchess agents not as much. Keep in mind, that most of the agents in Southern Dutchess are members of the EAMLS which serves Westchester and Putnam as well as points north and the Bronx and will have access to your listing.
Linda Olsen, Agent, Carmel, NY
Mon Dec 10, 2012
that is a question you should discuss with your agent. They may be a member of both MLS