I am desperate to sell my house and acreage in NW Wisconsin. Which is better/national or local broker?

Asked by Joanne Roberts, 54817 Wed Dec 31, 2008

Answers

7
Debby Thomps…, Agent, Wauwatosa, WI
Tue Jan 27, 2009
It really does not matter what company you go with, you need to find an agent that markets your property. All listings are places on all the top companies web site. They have what is call IDX. That takes the listings from the MLS and will place it on the web sites. So now what to look for is an agent that will market your home. See who comes with a marketing plan that shows real numbers on their web sites. See if an agent offers home staging. Find out what they are going to do different then just putting a sign in front of your home and put it in MLS. What are you going to do for me to bring buyers to my home? News paper ads don't work. Ask the agent how many pictures you are going to take of my home? How many will be put on line for the buyers to view. Do you do a virtual toor of the home. Buyers love pictures on line. They can look and see if they like the home. People are to busy to be running around viewing homes they have no interest in. Find an agent that listen to your needs. Answers your questions. You should be working as a team to get your home sold.
Web Reference:  http://www.debbyrealtor.com
Fran Davidson, Agent, Spooner, WI
Sun Aug 5, 2012
Joanne - Actually a local broker would be of better service to you. They know the market in their
area and what the buyers are looking for in any given neighborhood. They also are able to
get their buyers to your location in a timely matter. I would opt for a broker in the area, they
will be more active in getting the home sold.
Trish Needham, Agent, Siren, WI
Tue Jan 27, 2009
I think most importantly you need to find an agent you trust and that understands your needs. There are not many companies in the NW WI area that are not also part of a national company. I would start the interview process and go from there. Good luck and let me know if I can be of any assitance!
Deborah Roge…, , Oxford, NC
Wed Dec 31, 2008
Joanne-

You may want to start by interviewing some of the local Agents in your area. If they are Realtors, and not all Agents are, then they would get you National Attention there. Being a Realtor (as I am), your property is entered into an online data base. From there, it is automatically sent out to hundreds of websites like Realtor.com, Trulia, and Homes.com for people all over the nation to view. Not just National, but International.
Karen Wenzel,…, Agent, Brookfield, WI
Wed Dec 31, 2008
Joanne-
It would be good if you have a Realtor that is well versed in your local area- but is willing to utilize the technology to advertise and expose your property to the most buyers possible. You may find a small local agent that is very tech savvy and you could find a big "National" agent that isn't.
Most importantly interview the agents that you may want to work with- ask for their marketing plan for your property. Also, ask them if they can give you names of people they have worked with.

I'm sure you will be successful in finding a Realtor that meets your needs
All the Best to You!!
Web Reference:  http://GoPackerUp.com
Loida Grajal…, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Dec 31, 2008
Find out the statistics for your area. Where are the buyers coming from, are they local or out-of-state? A local broker will know your area and be better prepared to sell it. Pick a national franchise for better exposure. Exit Realty is an excellent choice as it is relatively the new kid on the block but quickly becoming a major player.
Dallas Texas, Agent, Dallas, TN
Wed Dec 31, 2008
If the local broker can also promote on national level is your best option. Most of time when we have had luxury property listing advertising budget paid by seller is necessary.
Web Reference:  http://www.lynn911.com