I am considering selling my home but I am not sure which company to go with?

Asked by Thinking About Selling, 77068 Wed Jul 11, 2012

Answers

12
Marcus Neces…, Agent, Bentonville, AR
Tue Jul 24, 2012
The agent you choose will be your representative so don't rely completely on the "company". Find an agent who is comfortable selling in your neighborhood and comfortable selling in your price range. Find an agent who is a successful listing agent. Interview several agents and ask them to provide you a resume of what homes they have LISTED in your area/price range that sold. Find an agent who is having success in THIS market.

Try this, put yourself in the shoes of a buyer. Search for homes similar to yours on the internet using sites similar to this one. Pay attention to what agents keep popping up in your search. This will help you see who is getting the visibility that it will take to sell your home.
Allison Fish…, Agent, Ann Arbor, MI
Sat Jul 14, 2012
Here is a link to my suggestions of choosing the right agent for you:

http://allisonmovesyou.com/2012/01/18/how-do-you-choose-the-…

Good luck to you!
Ward Arnold, Agent, League City, TX
Wed Jul 11, 2012
We are actually working on Building some townhomes right close to Tc Jester. And about to do a really big mail out for them and others in the area. I would love to visit your home and let you know my opinion. I have been an agent 23 years and now a broker.Feel free to call me or email me.

Ward Arnold
Ward Arnold Properties
281-827-1441
ward@wardarnoldproperties.com
Blake Bumgar…, , Katy, TX
Wed Jul 11, 2012
We would love to help you. Give us a call and we can give you all the infomation as well as the different ways to sell your property. There is absolutely no charge or any obligation. Just look me up on HAR and read my clients reviews.
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jul 11, 2012
At the end of the day, you want a Realtor with extensive experience in selling homes!! There are Realtors or real estate agents that only work with buyers and would not be experienced with the sellers needs.

Please check my "sold" page on HAR.com to view properties I have sold with my sellers and buyers over the last 19 years! You will see I work in all price ranges and all over the city as I do a lot of relocation work with my clients. http://www.har.com/AWS/AWSF.cfm?tgt=ViewMySold&AGENT_NUM…

There are links there to a personal video so you can "see" me as well as a link to my web site. You likely want to interview 2-3 agents in your home prior to making a decision. Details on marketing of your home, closing cost and more should be discussed. Great time to ask questions.

Let us know if we can help. If the agent is not technology savvy...move on!

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty
Larry Steinh…, Agent, Doylestown Township, PA
Wed Jul 11, 2012
I am not in your area, but i have Special Report on choosing an agent that you may find helpful. Go to http://www.larrysteinhouse.com/real-estate/ and download the reports on getting the most money for your home sale.

Enjoy and good Luck!

Larry Steinhouse
Margie Johns…, Agent, Cypress, TX
Wed Jul 11, 2012
I agree that it is the agent that makes all of the difference. Some listing agents prefer to deal one on one with their clients attending to every aspect of the listing. Others prefer to only deal with the acquisition of the listing and delegate the marketing, negotiating and logistics of the sale to assistants. Which ever route you go you need to feel comfortable that your best interests are going to be represented. I am very familiar with the 77068 area and would love to earn your business. Feel free to call me so we can set up an interview. 281-798-4100
Carolyn Wol…, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Do check out my and my collegues websites to find the agent you feel most comfortable with.
I know the 77068 very well and my office is not far from there.
Feel free to send me an e-mail with the home address so that I may send you a free Comparative Market Analysis
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jul 11, 2012
These days, it's more about the individual than the company. Sure, some firms are better known than others ... but all the research concludes that it's the agent, not the banner, that makes the difference. Any Realtor can list your home ... it's the marketing strategy and dedication to task that separates the exceptional from the competent. If you go to my website link below, you'll see comments from past clients ... I'm quite proud of what they've written.

From a monetary perspective, some agencies require that a fixed fee (usually a percentage of the sales price) be charged. Others (such as my affiliation) allow us to structure our own compensation schedules. This alone could save you a considerable sum, with no dropoff in service.

I'd love to see your home, meet with you to discuss your objectives, and provide an up-to-date evaluation of your property in this market. Please feel free to contact me. I look forward to hearing from you.

Regards ...

Al Geffon
(713) 213-6350
al@algeffon.com
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Nicole Brende, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jul 11, 2012
I would choose an agent you "click with", an agent with proven success in your area, and definitely make sure they have the proper marketing plan to get your home sold quick and at the best competitive price.
David Tansey, Agent, Houston, TX
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Look at the houses that are for sale in your neighborhood and try to find a realtor that has sold atleast 5 in the last two years in your neighborhood.
Web Reference:  http://www.DaveRealty.com
Vance Hill, Agent, Kirkland, WA
Wed Jul 11, 2012
Don't decide by company, decide by agent. Who will do the most to help you get your home sold. Go with your gut feeling.