How/when do I find out if my lender will pursue judicial foreclosure or non judicial forclosure?

Asked by Packard, California Tue Feb 14, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Sara Mehrpouyan’s answer
Sara Mehrpou…, Agent, Los Angeles, CA
Tue Feb 14, 2012

Most foreclosures in the state of California are by trustee sale (non-judicial). I would suggest that you speak with a short sale agent regarding your property before you decide to let the property foreclose. It would be best if you spoke to someone before it may be "too late". Even if the property is an investment property- you may still short sale. I have had clients short sale their investment properties as well. Feel free to contact me directly at 818-903-2040. Good luck.

Sara Mehrpouyan CDPE
Specializing In Short Sale & Foreclosure
Direct 818-903-2040
Rodeo Realty
Dre License 01712757
0 votes
Cherrie Brown, Agent, Valencia, CA
Tue Feb 14, 2012
I would contact the bank and ask the process. All the foreclosure filings are made public record. Contact a local agent to help a long the process because the foreclosure process will bring many more questions they can help walk you through the process.
0 votes
Angie Simpson, Agent, Studio City, CA
Tue Feb 14, 2012

For starters, the lender would notify you if they plan on foreclosing. If you are concerned that you have not received the paperwork (but have reason to believe it was sent), check with the county offices because paperwork would be filed in the event of a trustees sale. If you live in the state of California, it would most likely be a non-judicial foreclosure.

Good luck to you.

Angie Simpson
Coldwell Banker
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more