How to gain more visibility for our house?

Asked by Sopben, Morristown, NJ Wed Jul 3, 2013

We have contracted an agent but few visits are happening: what are the success criteria to attract potential clients?

Answers

10
Elisa Buckley, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Thu Jul 4, 2013
One more tip... make your home available for any and all showings. Answer showing requests promptly and be polite to the buyer's agent. It's a hassle to leave the house, but it's important that buyers can comfortably look at all rooms in your home. If you restrict showings to certain times and require days advance notice, it's tougher for buyer's agents to schedule your home for a showing. Don't let your home be eliminated due to showing restrictions (although if it's competitively priced and visually appealing, this will be less a factor).
Elisa Buckley, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Thu Jul 4, 2013
Agree with others that buyers first search on price, then eliminate based on photos and descriptions, then eliminate based on drive-by. On price: ask your agent for a comparative market analysis (not an appraisal) of similar homes in your area and ASK what price will make you competitive. Many agents understandably are afraid to be truthful during their initial presentation because some sellers will go with another listing agent if higher price range is offered. On photos and descriptions: these need to highlight the best qualities of your property without misleading buyers. I've had buyers skip a listing based on the first photo lack of appealing description. On drive-by: spruce up the front of your house, it's worth a few extra dollars to weed, mulch and mow. Use flower planters or other suitable items to highlight the front of your house. Make your home inviting and drive-by will be less of an eliminator. Hope this helps and good luck!
Andrew Tisel…, Agent, Clifton, NJ
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Few visits usually mean price too high.
Did you get the opinion of more than 1 realtor for price?
Did they show you a CMA?
Price has a lot to do with visibility.

The higher the price range the fewer buyers.

If you already have an agent ask them to see an updated CMA. the numbers don't lie.
If you do not have a Agent yet get 3 opinions of price,
If you want visibility make sure you get a Keller williams agent that is an IMSD specialists.

Marketing gets you more and better offers in less time but price get's showings.

Best Wishes
Sean Shallis, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Suggest hiring a "highly skilled marketing and sales expert" like myself!

Ok now that I'm like all the other realtors trying to solicit you on trulia..

Here is a simpler approach,,

Of the more 40 properties I've personally marketed and sold in the last 6 months ..we' had more than 300 plus potential buyers visit these homes

My unique 360 degree marketing approach is property specific ..

Doesn't always work for everyone..in many cases we are turning qualified buyers away ..

In the last 90 days we've had numerous multiple offers...

Here is the bottom line..

Yes...I am salesman ..,ah ha !

What works ...Price and a strong value proposition !!

Here is the challenge ..

Most agent spend a ridiculous amount of time and energy "selling you on them"

Really skilled sales people like myself ..educate the potential buyer and or yourself through "experience selling" like apple !

They don't sell gadgets ..they sell experience withe gadget!

Call me and you'll experience an amazing sales experience ..should we meet..."careful i most likely will ultimately educate you on ..when you hire me ..I'll market and sell you hire..so you don't have too!!'

"The jersey real estate devil"

Sean T. Shallis
Broker/Sales Associate
Weichert Realtors Corp HQ Sales Office
1625 Route 10 Morris Plains, NJ 07950
Direct: (855) 734-8788 Ext 102
Office: 973-984-1400

"Building Communities One Family at a Time"

Weichert Chairman of the Board Winner- 2011-2012
Ranked #1 in the Weichert Realtors Corp HQ Sales Office-2012
Ranked #1 of more than 1700 Associates In Region For 2011:
"Listings, Resale Listings Sold,Listings Sold,Combined Sold Units"
Web Reference:  http://youtu.be/SPhOC_6ajHY
Melissa Silva, Agent, Watchung, NJ
Wed Jul 3, 2013
I am an agent in Morristown...and the buying is HOT in the area.

- You need to make sure you are priced right with other comparable homes in the area.
- Make sure your home has online presence.
- You agent should be doing some open houses on the weekends and also if the home is available some evenings, what my office does is having evening open houses...just a couple extra days your home is available to be viewed to those people that are not available on the weekends.
- Your photos should inspire and call people into your home...make the buyers see themselves in your home.

Please contact me if you have any other questions. My office is right in Morristown and would be more then happy to assist you.

Melissa Silva
Weichert Realtors- Morristown
201-527-7313
realestate.mel.s@gmail.com
Gordon Crawf…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Wed Jul 3, 2013

I would be happy to have a conversation with you anytime regarding your traffic. Just give me a call and we will set something up. Have a great 4th of July. Gordon
Susan Zanzon…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Hi, Most of this has been said, but to get right to the point:

- great website presence
- spectacular pictures taken by a professional photographer and lots of them as some sites favor listings for more pictures
- competitive pricing...be sure your home is priced right. Look at recent under contract homes and closed (no more than 6 months) also, look closely at your competition.
-last but not least a very responsive agent who is doing at least a few 'well advertised on the web' open houses a month to make it easy to be seen and easier for you too as you just take off for a few hours.

If all of the above is in line...your home should be getting lots of showings and an offer as inventory is low.

I hope this helps and if you're not happy with your agent, you should request an unconditional release and switch. The RE market is seasonal and soon it'll be slowing down for the holidays.

Susan Zanzonico - 973-214-5872
Weichert Realtors
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Agree with everything Barbara has said - check the online presentation - if week, strengthen it. Having said that, nothing cures a pricing problem so do have a heart to heart with your self about that.

Lots of pent up demand - more buyers than houses - get it right and your home will sell.

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Thanks Jeanne, Is it key to contract a realtor from the area or listings drive it all?
Flag Wed Jul 3, 2013
Barbara Bert…, , Sparta, NJ
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Morristown is a hot area right now. Are you reasonable in your price? Are you on target with what your Realtor is telling you? If a home is priced right, it will sell. Another thing you could check is the pictures of your home. Do they show your home is a good light? Is there clutter in the home and/ or in the pictures? Are there enough or too many pictures? Not enough and buyers worry something is wrong with the home. Too many and they feel they already know the home and don't need to visit it. Also, make sure you have a good web presence.

I hope that helps!
Barbara Bertone
RE/MAX Platinum Group
Thanks Barbara for your answer.
Based on the market, we truly believe we are priced right.
We however don't know how to check if our web presence is good or not: we guess this might be the dilemna.
Flag Wed Jul 3, 2013
Josh Barnett, Agent, Chandler, OK
Wed Jul 3, 2013
Ask your agent, if you do not feel you can ask your agent, get a new one.