How to find a a top selling agent for a specific neighborhood/market.?

Asked by UptownDC, Washington DC, DC Wed Jul 10, 2013

I'm looking to identify a top agent experience in specific market segment (i.e., condo projects, new developments, NW DC/Columbia Hts) to sell property for me. How do I narrow my search to get the agent who is the best fit and has the kind of experience I'm looking for?

Answers

5
Andrea Tucker, Agent, Washington, DC
Thu Jul 25, 2013
Hi B Street DC,

Research. The person must know the market and its always good to have buyers who are already looking in that area. My company as an office right on 15th and U and we know the area very well. Pease contact me if you are in need of assistance.

andreatuckerhomes@gmail.com
(202) 642-8117
Lanre Folayan, Agent, Washington, DC
Sun Jul 14, 2013
Hello BeStreet DC,

Or you can always google "Buy a home in Washington DC" and see what comes up. Many home buyers who are in the market to buy will type in those keyword terms. Good luck to you in choosing your DC Real Estate Agent.
Miekeba Jones, Agent, Silver Spring, MD
Fri Jul 12, 2013
Hi BeStreetDC, ask the agents about their past experience as a listing agent. I am happy to help you and share my stats with you.

Miekeba Jones
Heymann Realty, LLC
office 301.439.1180
direct 240-715-8284
Akil Walker, Agent, Upper Marlboro, MD
Wed Jul 10, 2013
Hi BeStreetDC,

you can always look for an agent's selling history. Michael made some excellent points. I would suggest interviewing several agents to see if they fit your needs. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Michael Cunn…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Wed Jul 10, 2013
Finding a "top agent" for a neighborhood isn't really a must have these days. Inventory is so low that any property stands out and goes for top dollar. For example, Columbia Heights properties are selling for 101.5% of their list price right now.

What you need to find is someone who is the best match for you - personality, congeniality, dedication, drive. If you go for the agent who does the most business in CoHi, then you might just be one of many. Another cog in the machine. You might even get handed off to an assistant for most of the work.

You also need to find an agent who knows how to market properties. I do all my marketing myself so I don't have to wait for a graphic designer to get to me. And quick turnaround is the name of the game in today's market since the average property in Columbia Heights is sold in only 24 days.

I'd love to talk to you about how I can help you. Please let me know what I can do for you.