How to deal with a negligent HOA board?

Asked by Lucy Duncan, 94301 Tue Feb 12, 2008

I live in a small 6 unit condominium. My HOA board, acting as insiders approved a major remodeling of my
immediate neighbor (who is on the board) by changing floor plans and extend exterior walls after gutting down everything.

The board violated CC &R
and its By-laws. The board
allows one unit to create noise to disrupt
my life. Over many years, the board has no
election, no annual report,
no response to my requests to
address the hardship the
construction causes me as
I suffer two chronic medical
When I inquire with lawyers.
they simply told me no much
to do about it since the construciton had been approved by the board.

The negligent board violated CC &Rs
and By-laws.

I spent the majority of my time at home.
After months' suffering, running away from my house and seeing doctors' for the stress,
is there any damage possibly sought?
Who can help me in this besides selling my town home & buying a new place?

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Wed Feb 13, 2008
It sounds like real estate attorney would be the best way to proceed. The CC & Rs are designed to protect everyone. If the board has violated the CC & Rs, then a legal remedy is probably the only way.

Sorry you are in such a mess.
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question

Email me when…

Learn more