How to advertise effectively to rent out prime property in Hoffman Estates/Schaumburg?

Asked by Sohail, Hoffman Estates, IL Wed Apr 2, 2008

I am trying to get my place a SF 4br 2BA home in Hoffman Estates rented out and want to know what ways I should employ to advertise my rental property the best way possible?

Answers

8
Jim Starwalt’s answer
Jim Starwalt, Agent, Grayslake, IL
Tue Jun 22, 2010
If you have the time to advertise it yourself, meet potential tenants, screen the tenants, run credit checks, check the sexual preditor list, check the felony list, call the potential tenants employer to see if they really work there and how long have been there, put together your ads, take and post pictures, put together the lease, make copies of the lease for yourself and your tenant, go through a thorough move in checklist along with pictures to show the condition of the property at move in, answer the phone at all hours to field questions about the property. I really don't think you can afford not to hire a Realtor.
Feel free to call for more information or how much I would charge you.
Jim
Howard King, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Wed Apr 16, 2008
As an investor in rental property I have over the years found the local newspaper to work well, however more recently I have found both Craigslist.com and the Realtors MLS to be more effective. A site with pictures seems to draw the best results.
Web Reference:  http://www.howardking.com
Lisa28, Home Seller, Dallas County, TX
Tue Jun 22, 2010
Again I believe that the most effective way to advertise as a Realtor is The Craigslist.
Bob Brandt, Agent, Schaumburg, IL
Wed Apr 23, 2008
Hiring a good local Realtor with great photography skills will assure that the MLS Realtor participants show it to their clients and that consumers will see it all over the Internet.
Web Reference:  http://www.realtybob.com
Hi, , Virginia
Wed Apr 2, 2008
i seen you on tv
you own a car dealership
but things not going so good now
the house is very nice
you may try backpage.com along with the other suggestions

anyways

good luck
Emily Erekuff, Home Owner, Menifee, CA
Wed Apr 2, 2008
Hi Everyone,

This question was duplicated and I'm going to close the other thread. However I wanted to let you know that another answer to this question can be found at the link below.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Top Notch Re…, , Barrington, IL
Wed Apr 2, 2008
Well, although newspaper readership is at a record low, I've found more efficient to rent my investment properties by advertising on a local newspaper, the more local the better. In addition, there is a wealth of online search engines where you can post for free and that usually create a buzz and lots of inquiries on your property. For example, Craigslist.com, Google Beta Base, Homescape to name a few. When I am markting aggresivly a real estate property we post the listings in mor than 26 search engines! Of course, we understand that buyers are using the internet at record highs as their preferred tool to search for properties (the National Association of Realtors (NAR) actually estimated in 2004, that74% of home buyers used the Internet to search for homes. Since 2001, the Internet has surpassed newspapers as an information source in the home-search process. And, in 2004, while 16% of home buyers first learned of the home they purchased from yard signs, 15% learned about their home first through the Internet (up from 11% in 2003).

Should you decide to market th property on the internet you should include digital good quality pictures. Did you know that according to the NAR's 2003 Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers, 78% of Internet home searchers prefer listings with photos [which is why the Top Notch Realty Team takes pride in multiple digital high-quality photos for each property listed ;0)].

Of course, you can always use an experienced professional realtor to listyour home as a rental for a reasonable commission and include your property on the Multiple Listing Service and Realtor.com the number one website/search engine used by buyers and renters to find their new home. We can process the lease applications and credit checks and bring you qualified tenant prospects for you to choose {double wink}!

If you need any additional help give me a call at (312) 607-0093 or (847) 381-9500 or drop me a line at nardita@kw.com. Good luck in finding a tenant for your property!

Nardita
Top Notch Realty Team
Keller Williams Success Realty,
600 Hart Road,
Suite 105
Barrington, IL 60010
CMLHoldings, Other Pro, Bartlett, IL
Wed Apr 2, 2008
The Cheapest way is to advertise on Craigslist.com. The most expensive way is to liast with a Realtor and pay them a months rent as a finders fee. I've had great success with Craigslist. You can also try hotpads.com.