How much value will converting a large bathroom into an additional bedroom add to two bedroom, 2 bath home?

Asked by senecaspruce, Hammondsport, NY Sat Apr 20, 2013

I would not be losing any square footage with this remodel.

Answers

1
Carol Kazules, Agent, Penn Yan, NY
Sat Apr 20, 2013
It believe it is easier to sell a 3 bedroom/1 bath home than a 2 bedroom/2 bath, but it is difficult to say definatively without knowing the total square footage, layout and location of the home. Is yours the only home in the neighborhood with only 2 bedrooms? Is it contemporary in styling that it would appeal to older couples or young couples with no immediate plans to start a family? I am happy to do a walk-through and give you a more informed opinion.
Thank you. With the remodel we would have a 3 bedroom, two full bath home, not a 3brdrm, 1 bathroom--but I get the idea of what you were saying. I appreciate the offer to do a walk through, but we are not in need of a realtor at this time.
Flag Wed Apr 24, 2013