How much should I expect to pay for a termite bond in GA?

Asked by Kim, Norcross, GA Fri Jun 12, 2009

2 Story Home; 13 years old; slab; 2300 sq ft

Answers

5
Dawn Richard…, , 30092
Fri Jun 12, 2009
You should expect to pay around $800-1000 dollars depending on the company. I suggest you get estimates from several companies and compare the cost along with the services they provide. Find out if the bond can be transferred if you sell the home or if the Buyer will have to purchase a new bond.
Web Reference:  http://www.sellsatdawn.com
Sandy Thacker, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Sandy Springs, GA
Mon Nov 11, 2013
It depends on many factors such as the life of the bond, the type of termite species covered, and, whether it is transferrable. Best to compare at least 3 reliable companies that are likely to be around in the years to come.
Hank Miller, Agent, Alpharetta, GA
Tue Jun 16, 2009
Depends on the company and the type of bond. Retreat and repair will run higher than retreat and unless it's under bond now they will hit you up for an intial treatment.

Your cost will be higher if they have to do the initial treatment, but we've seen retreat and repairs run around 400/year. Price it out and look at the smaller companies as well as the big ones.

Hank Miller, SRA, ABR
Associate Broker & Certified Appraiser
Prudential GA Realty
678-428-8276
Anna O'Neal, Agent, Eatonton, GA
Sun Jun 14, 2009
I got a quote from Terminix in our area this week for $190.
Stephanie Mc…, Agent, Canton, GA
Sat Jun 13, 2009
your best bet is to have it quoted by 3 companies who service your area and try to be certain that they are all quoting apples to apples for a transferable bond - there are two types - repair only and repair and retreat. Good luck.