How much have single family homes in the $500K range dropped in past 12 months in Holmdel, NJ?

Asked by James, Holmdel, NJ Mon Oct 24, 2011

Answers

5
Robert Haspel, Agent, Rumson, NJ
Mon Oct 24, 2011
Prices can be down anywhere from 0 to 10 percent but it really depends on the original listing price, condition, location and size (criteria) of the property. A home that an owner thought should sell for $700,000 may have closed for $575,000. Hire a true full time professional realtor to give you an accurate market analysis. Then put a plan in place as to how to get the best possible sales price in the shortest amount of time. Old listings just sit and don't sell without price reductions. We are in a challenging economic environment and this is not the time to sell on your own or hire a part timer. You get what you pay for and a true professional will back it up with testimonials and more importantly get the house sold. Getting an offer is the easy part getting an offer accepted and a home to close is what separates the men/women from the boys and girls. If you are interviewing agents asked what they have done lately not when times were good. The world has changed dramatically and a good agent will adjust with the markets needs.
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Mon Oct 24, 2011
James,

Holmdel.. it depends on thehouse, location, what we have going on inside..
Given the past 12 months of activity, compared to the prior year activity...Around and about 6 - 8%.
But again 6 - 8% is a spread, but it has a lot do with what is happening in the house.. average to the average house.. 6%
Louis Critel…, Agent, Holmdel, NJ
Mon Oct 24, 2011
James,

Answer is according to the statistics for the year as compared to last year in that price range is about 10% reduction.
There is some variation depending on the desirability of the specific layout, location and neighborhood. But I think this is fairly accurate.
James I am the Broker and Owner of Critelli & Kilbride Realtors in Holmdel and am a Holmdel Hs graduate. I have been selling Real Estate in Holmdel for 20 years and would be happy to Help you if you need more information.
my Resume and Information is at http://www.CritelliandKilbride.com .
Francesca Pa…, Agent, Manasquan, NJ
Mon Oct 24, 2011
James,

Bob has a good few good points here. Years ago, once an offer was accepted, it was "clear sailing" . . . these days almost every deal is riddled with complications and it takes an experienced, knowledgeable, diligent Realtor to serve you most appropriately . . . . that is 100% dedicated to sales rather than sales and managing an office and other agents.

By June of this year, I thought I had lost my touch, since so many deals were in a word "crazy", but once I consulted with other experienced full time 100% dedicated Realtors I learned that I was lucky that at least mine were closing wherein many were not.

As indicated, the "drop" these days is irrelevant, it’s due diligence and perseverance by a qualified Realtor that is most important.

In full disclosure, Holmdel is not my area of expertise, but closing deals these days don’t differ much from town to town.

I've worked with Bob, give me at least an interview if selling or buying is your choice. And remember is it always adviseable to interview at least 3 realtors if putting your home on market is what u seek to achieve.

Francesca Patrizio, Broker Sales Associate, ePro, SRES
Francesca @PatrizioRE.com
732.606.2931
Web Reference:  http://www.PatrizioRE.com
Joan Congilo…, Agent, Freehold, NJ
Mon Oct 24, 2011
Hi James
Affordable homes in Holmdel are always in demand. Every home is different and if a home is priced right from day one of the listing it should sell at a good price without having to have multiple price reductions. Over the past 12 months in the $500,000 to $599,000 price range there have been 11 closed sales and there are 2 presently under contract. The average days on the market on the homes that closed before getting a contract is 88 days & the percentage change from last listed price to actual closed price is 4.5%. If you are interested in selling & would like a market analysis on your home feel free to contact me.

Joan Congilose CRS,CDPE,GRI, e-Pro
Broker/ Sales Associate
RE/MAX Central
Office (732) 972-1000 x 364
Cell (732) 232-5277
Web Reference:  http://www.joancongilose.com