How much are the 2BR, townhouses in Governors Pointe selling for(end unit) with fireplace selling for. my unit has new furnace and most new appliances

Asked by Denunz, Millbury, MA Fri Nov 19, 2010

Answers

26
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Pete - everyone has the right to "jump in", but Susan's entire second post, and most of her first post, is blatant self promotion, and doesn't even address Denunz's question.

Actually, my response doesn't address it either, and can be considered "off topic", so perhaps trulia will remove it - hard to say these days what will or won't be deleted..

In any event, overt self promotion used to be against trulia's commmunity guidelines, but for some reason, they have decided to relax their restrictions, and now it seems anything goes.

In the Q&A section - there are supposed to be answers, not resume-looking responses that scream "call me".
Fortunately, if one strolls around trulia (and since Susan is new here, if she takes the time to do that, she will see what I am referencing) one will see that most signatures leave very simple contact information, if any - they do not leave a long list of every award someone ever won. That kind of nformation is readily available on one's profile page.

And Pete, truthfully, announcing that you have more experience than the other 2, is kind of over the top, too, in my opinion.
I have more experience than all of you - big deal - so what!

I enjoyed trulia more when answers were supposed to be answers, and the consumer was allowed to decide for him or herself who to call based on the content and quality of the response - not the pitiful begging for business. To me, it has the look of desperation. This is the place for answers to questions, not resumes.

Consumers want help...they want answers - not "call me because I am the best agent in the whole world."

Just my 2 cents - which will probably be deleted...............
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Sun Nov 21, 2010
"Your issues at Zillow were, seemed to me anyway, because of your concern about not being able to self-promote to the extent you wished to and your blatant disregard for their guidelines"

Uh no. Not at all. There was no self promotion at all. That was another posters interpretation that they acted on. Again, I do not see my name and contact information ( not to the extent that happened here with these agents) as self promotion. That is it. There is nothing that reads in that other sites rules at all that your signature can not be applied to a post. Period. This person ( naive moderator) at Zillow got all involved with an agent that was removed from this site and decided to take action for that new big shot on their board.. For that company it was a way to endear themselves to a portion of a market share that they hope will leave Trulia and come to them.... it is a vicious circle.

Anyway, I have houses to show and an open house.. I will address Pete’s mea culpa later.
Patrick Thies, Agent, Anytown, IL
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Generally, Trulia frowns on people ending their comments with a library of contact information,
_________________________________

Guess you haven't been around on Trulia lately Alan. This is becoming quite popular lately. Several threads have addressed it and most don't seem to have a problem with it including Trulia. Would be nice if agents would just answer the question instead of posting a novel of their credentials. If someone really wanted to know everything about an agent, they could always click on their profile.
Denunz, Home Seller, Millbury, MA
Mon Nov 22, 2010
Debbie,

Fair enough...but I think you need to know more....I originally thought of selling this as a FSBO until my wife suggested that I just let the "pros" figure out what it's worth and let them take their commisssion rather than try to deal with all the aggravation that goes along with showing the unit, etc., etc.

At that point I then sought the "advice" of tthe professionals. I was never really sure what the unit was worth I was just basing it on what I saw others advertised for. In any case, after my intial post, I went to the real estate agents to see what it was worth and whether this was the time to sell or wait it out a while longer.

It wasn't deceit---it was a change of mind. In that process I got everything but an answer to my question....can you blame me for originally wanting to go the FSBO route?

But thanks for your thoughtful input.
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Sat Nov 20, 2010
"The good news is that I believe the general public is pretty savvy, and can see through the "shilling" and "used car sales tactics" that goes on here, and can recognize quality agents and quality responses when they see them. I give the public a lot of credit. "

Ding-Ding! Winner! Give that man a cigar!
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Sat Nov 20, 2010
I have been around, Patrick, and have seen that there's been a good deal of multi-level signatures, and for some reason they've been tolerated by Trulia (not sure why), they are not, however, encouraged and are frowned upon.

As John mentions, I don't specifically object to a couple of lines for sign-off, although I find them to be redundant, since your name and location are already at the top of your comment, and more is merely a click away... but a line or two would be a serious improvement over the type of sign-off we've seen in THIS thread. (not to continue to pick solely on Susan).

Trulia doesn't "desire" sign-offs with 18 pages of qualifications, nor do they encourage such, as Dan suggests. Have they been vigilant in asking Realtors to knock it off? No, they have not, and I think that many of the Realtors (as well as the general Trulia public) would like to see them do a better job of stopping that kind of spam.

Emily, will you give your moderators permission to delete those type of posts??

The good news is that I believe the general public is pretty savvy, and can see through the "shilling" and "used car sales tactics" that goes on here, and can recognize quality agents and quality responses when they see them. I give the public a lot of credit.
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Sat Nov 20, 2010
I am not a fan of the library of information that some people post, I think it is funny.

I am obviously not opposed to general contact information for any particular realtor, I agree it is also easy for the person to contact the agent through their profile, but given the oh- so-easy world we live in today online.. why push that extra button?

On banning someone on a site for ridiculous reasons, you state, "Why not? Banning some who spammed without remorse and would not listen on zillow made a big improvement."

I know what you are talking about for sure. But for the same reason an annoying poster that used to be on Trulia was banned for the same reason in reverse, claiming to be the all true anti-spammer, when in fact it was nothing but spam and self promotion to endear and engage his posts to a certain viewer. The banning on the other site that has been done was done so out of being a naive moderator. But then again, being third / fourth rate to Trulia I guess they have to try some schtick.

The wolf in sheep clothing came out ahead with that, wait until they realize that it ain't grandma they are in the bed with!

I think Susan and Pete can do as they wish, this is a real estate site and Realtors are working here.

Enough for me hijacking this post any further, I don't think that Denunz came here for any of this!

John Sacktig
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Fri Nov 19, 2010
Poor Denunz asks a simple question, and gets swarmed with self promotion...........
Joan Braunsc…, , Morris County, NJ
Mon Nov 22, 2010
Thanks for helping to increase the negative perception of RE agents Pete.

I've been on this forum and others for a while now speaking out against agents who do a disservice to the public and our profession by acting the way some acted here and worse.

However, saying that finding a good honest ethical agent is like finding a needle in a haystack and that they comprise less than 10% of the population only makes our job harder.

If that is truly your experience, then there is something horribly wrong in your market. My experience is that most agents are good and the few bad ones make life miserable for the rest of us.
Joan Braunsc…, , Morris County, NJ
Sun Nov 21, 2010
Pete, you see this is the difference: some agents troll these sites with the primary motivator being to get business and some are on here because they actually get a benefit from learning, teaching and interacting with consumers. I think this can be glaringly obvious to the general public and it frankly taints all of us. I have never gotten business from being on here but I continue to come anyway. I'm really not sure what it says about me, other than the fact that I spend a lot of time doing something that I have received no financial benefit from and yet I'm fine with that.

Denunz or anyone else has every right to ask a question (and hopefully not be bombarded with agents walking all over each other to try to get business) and agents have every right to choose to answer or not, but would do themselves and the profession a favor if they did it without blatant solicitiation.

Denunz, I understand your wariness of the real estate profession, however, please refrain from citing meaningless surveys because it lends no credence to your position. Human beings, being what they are, come in all sizes, shapes and ethical make ups. I can't think of one profession, from priests to judges to doctors and congressmen and everything in between that doesn't have its slime factor. It would be nice to think that human beings would evolve to have built in ethics but based on history, highly unlikely.
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Generally, Trulia frowns on people ending their comments with a library of contact information, for example, as Susan has done on this question.

In her first response, she gave a 9-line answer (2 of those lines actually addressed the question, and 7 of them gave information about herself), and then, as though that wasn't enough... she signed-off with a 13-line signature, enough to give a traffic controller a headache.

Consumers are savvy today. Trulia, Zillow and everywhere else. They gravitate toward quality, not toward "salesmanship". They don't want to hear "I'm the best, pick me, call me"... they want to see a history of quality responses.

As to how they find you. If the consumer likes how you carry yourself, online, and feels you have knowledge and a good personality, they will click on your name, or your photo, where you are free to put as many lines of contact information, testimonials and advertising up the ole wazoo.

At least, that's my take on things.
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Interacting on a website involves a bit of a learning curve. We all have some hits and misses along the way. It helps, imo, to look around and get a feel for what is and isn't acceptable, as it varies from website to website.

On trulia - pretty much anything goes these days.
It is perfectly acceptable here to sign off with your contact information (most people limit it to that) - on zillow , it isn't acceptable.
It's all about learning to play by the rules, depending on whose playground it is.

Now, as to how the public views long, self-promotional responses.......well, I guess that's for the public to decide, but many don't seem to like it.........nor does a consumer say: "I will call that agent because they said they are the best ".

I tend to think a consumer judges an agent by the content of their response - - offering consistant professional advice is perceived in a positive way --- offering consistant spam isn't.

Just my 2 cents, which must be worth 1 cent in today's economy!
:)

Ultimately - To each his own..........

Denunz - didn't mean to hijack your thread - good luck with your sale, and have a Happy Thanksgiving!
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Sat Nov 20, 2010
So how did we get so out of control here? I must say it does look like a raw piece of meat was thrown to the lions in the arena.

I have been told that posting my inforamtion is "not the thing to do".. I don't think it is wrong, I do think that soliciting business is different than putting your name and number on your post. Yes, I include my contact information on my posts, not as over the top as Susan, but I do include my nformation if someone wishes to contact me.
I posted after I spoke with the person (Poster, Denunz) who called me directly about what he is interested in doing.

I know Pete, he is a good guy but I don't think he realizes how he comes accross in his posts. It looks like Susan saw Pete's post and said, oh,this is how it is done! and that is how we got to that post.

Lets see if we can bring this down a few notches.. we don't want to get anybody banned from Trulia.. :)
Denunz, Home Seller, Millbury, MA
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Wrong Pete....I DO own this and several other townhomes that I am looking to liquidate as I reach retirement. But because of your "cute/smart" assumotion you or your agency will never be considered as my realtor.

How "smart" was that????!!!
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Fri Nov 19, 2010
Hi Joe -

Thanks for the call!

As Pete and Susan note below, Govenors Pointe has four different model townhouses and two bedroom one level condos!. I am sending them to you along with some comps and let's discuss further and set up a tour of available properties!!

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409

JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
John Sacktig, Agent, New Jersey, NJ
Mon Feb 14, 2011
Hi Folks,

Just wanted to give and update to this thread! I recently listed this property for the seller.

131 Albury Way
North Brunswick,
NJ 08902 http://www.tourfactory.com/704225

When I posted my initial response to the seller, I was actually reading the question as he was a buyer looking for a place in Governors Pointe... and after that, for some reason seemed to get out of hand with agents on the thread.

Upon further review and given varied conversations the seller we came to a conclusion about the Townhome and it is now up for sale and for rent! Great Place!

Feel free to contact me for more information or showing instructions!

The listing can also be viewed today on Trulia, and numerous other websites !

John Sacktig
Broker / Manager
Orange Key Realty
Direct: 732-213-1409
JSacktig@orangekeyrealty.com
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Nov 21, 2010
Denunz, certainly no one can defend any agent - or any salesperson - who uses disception as a ploy.
But, deception isn't limited to agents.

Your question here implies that you're seeking pricing advice, and, thus, have no knowledge of what prices might be in that particular complex.

I was surprised to discover that on another thread (an old one that you resurrected), you are already promoting your unit as a FSBO, with a "firm" (your words) price of $230,000, and obviously have a great deal of knowledge about the complex, considering you're an original owner. You supply your phone number and announce that agents are not welcome to respond.

I find it a bit deceptive that you haven't been upfront about your status here.....and that on this thread you seek agent opinions, yet on the other one, agents are not permitted to call you.

That's your right - but as far as being upfront about what it is you're looking for..........one might question that.
At first glance, I originally thought you were simply someone curious about pricing in that complex. Obviously, that's not the case.

Unfortunatley, what your question created here (this is not a reflection of you) was a bunch of unflattering glimpses of agents aggressively trying to vie for your business.
Not a pretty picture.

Over the years I have done numeorus CMA's, only to see the home listed as a FSBO in the local paper following my visit, with my suggested list price. That's ok, as there is never a guarantee of getting a listing - just an opportunity to meet with a potential seller.

However, I would have always appreciated a person being honest, and telling me they
were going to try it on their own first, and would get back to me if it didn't work out.
In the spirit of goodwill, I would have still done a thorough CMA, but would at least known where I stood.

You see - deception can occur on both sides of the table.

Best wishes with your sale.
Joan Braunsc…, , Morris County, NJ
Sun Nov 21, 2010
Interesting interpretation John. Zillow's guidelines were literally hand fed you and decided to ignore it.
That was certainly your choice. I'm sure you will do just fine without Zillow and visa versa.

I wish you success on this beautiful day.
Joan Braunsc…, , Morris County, NJ
Sun Nov 21, 2010
And Trulia, why would the word "sle*ze" show up as profanity??? Fortunately the word slime gets the same point across but having "sl*aze" on your naughty list seems a little over the top.
Denunz, Home Seller, Millbury, MA
Sun Nov 21, 2010
Pete,
I appreciate the apology but, you referred to "my agent" mentioning something to you off-line??? I don't have an agent.

yes, I ahve spoken to a few agents to get a few opinions but I have not committed to any particular agent whatsoever. The reaosn I spoke to a few and also entered a post is due to the fact that it is hard for us layment to believe anything that any single agent tells you because so many tell you what they think you want to hear, just to get the listing. Unfortunately, those unethical eagents ruin it for the good ones and we sellers/buyers have to resort to such tactics to get the true value of our proerties.

Don;t blame us.....the real estate agents created this situation .
How do I come to this conclusion---from experience. I recall a family member who gt into real estate asking me and my wife to "pretend" to be interested buyers so the agent could get a listing from some poor, unsuspecting hmeowner (I didn't do it though).

I have also owned propertes where the agents gave me inflated numbers of the value of the property to entice me to give them the listing. Fortunately, I realized they were ridiculously high and I would never get the kind of money they told me they could "probably" get for the property. They just thought my greed would kick in and give them the listing...uh-uh!

So, let me apologize for having to resort to tactics that protect me and other honest sellers/buyers who just want to get an honest and fair assessment of the value of the proerty we are trying to sell or purchase. We have to protect ourselves from the wolves ( a recent survey claimed that 79% of R.E. agents practice some sort of deception in their dealings with clients) Maybe you aren't one of them but there are a lot out there!
Joan Braunsc…, , Morris County, NJ
Sat Nov 20, 2010
John, I'm not here to pick a fight but regarding person you were referring to getting bumped from this site- his pestiness on Trulia was out of concern for consumer advocacy and the desire to make a website that was less concerned for agents self-promotion and more concerned with consumers getting quality answers.

Your issues at Zillow were, seemed to me anyway, because of your concern about not being able to self-promote to the extent you wished to and your blatant disregard for their guidelines.

See the difference?

Sorry, Denunz. I just felt it needed to be said on a thread that was the most blatant example of competitive, gross solitication that I've seen on a site that has seemingly lost control of many of the agents who cruise this site purely for business and self-promotion.
Alan May, Agent, Evanston, IL
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Debbie - you GO girl !
Pete Maimone, Agent, North Brunswick, NJ
Sun Nov 21, 2010
@Denunz I apologize for that "cute/smart" statement. But that is not what your agent told me offline separately. He said that you in fact were a buyer not a seller. There are many here that pose questions with no real intent to ever use the services of a realtor or to 2nd guess their Realtor(R) and try to gain expertise from others without listening to the agent they chose to work with in the first place. It gets a little frustrating at times for us of those who sincerely try to offer "free help/advice" in the hopes of gaining the opportunity to provide our services and expertise to the public.

Since you own several properties I'm sure you would agreethat it's wise (especially in this market) to do your research up front as to the agent you choose to work with, and then stick with them. Once again I apologize. I was only trying to help initially. It was only after Susan and John jumped in that things got out of hand. Hopefully this will be a lesson to all. Best of luck in your endeavor and future retirement & have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Pete Maimone
NJAR Million Dollar Distinguished Sales Club 1988-2009
Gloria Zastko Realtors (R)
Cell Phone: (732) 439-0472
Email: pete@zastko.com
Website: http://www.petemaimone.com
Sat Nov 20, 2010
Yep Debbie. I tried to help him before others jumped on that bandwagon. It turns out though he doesn't own one. he's a buyer supposedly. ...LOL... they all seem to think they're so smart/cute...LOL
Fri Nov 19, 2010
That's funny John? thought he was selling? :)

Anyhow Denunz all of us below know this development and each agent offers advantages. ALthough we all have our strengths. As for me none of the others were even in real esate when I sold the first non builder sale resale in there before the builder was even out of the development. to my knowledge there are only 3 versions of two bedroom townhomes in Govt pt. thye did change model numbers between Govt pt 1 and gov pt 2 but still the same models and square feet. there are also different version of the 1st, 2nd and third floor condos as well as smaller income restricted moderate income versions condos. I've sold them all over the past 21 years since the development was newly built. Also my office has been the top selling office in north Brunswick and gov pt for over 19 years. we generally outsell our closest competitiors in listings sold by 4:1 or more margins in town quarterly since the day the office opened in 1991. It's because we know the market and get homes priced marketed properly and sold. This market is a challenging one, so it would be a wise move to at least talk with me/us whatever the case may be on your end.
Fri Nov 19, 2010
It depends on which model you have. there are 3 different models of 2BR twhs there.Please call my cell or email me your address and basic description whether you have patio in front of the home or in back and if you have the sunken living room model or not. Location backing woods is also a plus if you have that. The upgrades mentioned are good moves for todays market. Also new windows if you have them are a plus. whatever the case may be I can help you pinpoint the real value and give you some tips on how to get the best price for your home.

All The Best!

Pete Maimone
Gloria Zastko Realtors (R)
Cell Phone: (732) 439-0472
Email: pete@zastko.com
Website: http://www.petemaimone.com