How many people should I expect to come to my open house this weekend?

Asked by Patty Bigman, Staten Island, NY Fri Sep 27, 2013

Answers

8
Gary R. DeFi…, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Sorry, Patty, I lost my ability to predict the future when I lost my crystal ball in bet that I could predict the future.

Seriously, open houses attract buyers, usually, when the home is first listed. The longer it is on the market the more likely that the buyers in the market have already seen it. Of course, the location, condition and price of the home will attract buyers if it is in a desirable location, has good curb appeal and interior design and amenities and is priced right.

Amanda Chris…, Agent, Fort Wayne, IN
Fri Sep 27, 2013
If I could tell you how many people would show up at your open house, do you think I'd be answering this question? NO! I'd be a gazillionaire because I could tell the future!

Is this a serious question?
Felix A. Gar…, Agent, staten island, NY
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Hi Patty

Sorry wish I had a crystal ball and could tell you, there are many variables that effect an open house (I.E. advertising location pricing how long the property has been on the market whether etc) all you can do is make sure your agent advertised the open house in all possible avenues, place the correct directional signage in the streets around the property etc.

Thanks Felix
917-692-7702
Jonathan Dal…, Agent, Glendale, AZ
Fri Sep 27, 2013
As mentioned before, there's no set answer. Here are some of the variables:

1) Marketing/advertising
2) Weather
3) Location - generally speaking, the more turns someone has to make driving to your house, the less traffic you're going to have

Generally speaking, less than five percent of all homes sell due to an open house so set your own expectations accordingly.
Daniel Mirea, Agent, Chicago, IL
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Hi Patty,

Everything depends on advertising and how good looks your property on internet! Make sure all the pics are very good!

Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Both of them.
-
Patty, you should be aware that not all houses are good open house candidates.
Most open houses will prove to be a simple demonstration of business, but wholye ineffective in selling your home.
-
Have a proper analysis completed and implement the marketing strategy most appropriate for your homes location, size and price point.
-
If an open house is deemed a worthy activity to getting your home sold, you MUST have a plan.
That plan, effectively implemented, is aligned with the needs of the citizens looking for homes in your area. They each have five important deciision to make every year. Zero in on this needs, your homes tangible and intangible assets and your house will most certainly be noticed.
-
Bake enough cookies for the two visitors, yourself and the agent.
Jill Subes, Agent, New York, NY
Fri Sep 27, 2013
There is no way of telling that. It depends on the weather, where the house is located and if it is as it advertised on line>? trulia, Zillow, craigslist, facebook, company website, etc?
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Fri Sep 27, 2013
Unfortunately none is can answer the question with accuracy...what is your agent suggesting, he/she can better answer....