How long to sell a starter home in Sunnyvale?

Asked by Wing Lee, Sunnyvale, CA Wed Aug 29, 2007

I'm thinking about selling my SFR in 94085, San Miguel neighborhood. It's 3/2 with a den, ~1350 sqft. Movin-in condition. Kitchen recently remodeled. However, I'm concern about the number of similar houses for sale in the neighborhood. What's the average DOM of homes in the area?

Answers

7
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Thu Aug 30, 2007
Wing
IMHO you should consult with a Realtor. The answers you are receiving, although helpful, possess too many variables to be a great value.

The overall condition of your property compared to the market, the location of your home, and the pricepoint selected have too much weight to simply offer the MLS averages. We have homes well in Zero Days, and some that take a year.
Realtor, ,
Fri Dec 28, 2007
Wing, I currently have a listing in that zip code. Why don't you contact me and I will share with you my experiences in selling a home in this area. You can visit me at http://www.CherylBarcelona.com
Robert Lei, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Fri Dec 10, 2010
Depends on asking price, location of the property, and condition of the property. I know you asked this question during the boom times. These factors are even more true now that we are in a buyer's market.
Mario Pinedo,…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Wed Aug 29, 2007
Wing,
I see from your other question, that you are a move up buyer in Sunnyvale - at least in respect to neighborhood and schools. I know I did the same thing when my kids turned about 4 years old! There are marketing and pricing strategies that work in "slow" markets - so that you don't acheive average results. We are seeing homes well quickly and others sit forever. If everything is done right, a home would sell in the first weekend, even in this market. Another consideration would be, could you buy the Cumberland home and keep San Miguel as a rental? Could be a great long term move.
Michelle Car…, Agent, Coppertino, AL
Wed Aug 29, 2007
OK, pending in your area, DOM = 49; recent closes (only since 8/1), DOM = 54. 2 others in your class are for sale BUT there are several larger 4 BR competing with you. If you want a free consultation to consider whether to sell now or later, let me know. I'd only want you to make a move in this market if there's a compelling opportunity elsewhere.
realpayam.com, , Los Altos, CA
Wed Aug 29, 2007
Just doing a quick MLS search, homes that HAVE sold in the past 6 months in your zip code with similar size have taken about 19 days, the pendings are now about 63 days and the actives about 72 days. Two recently sold properties were on the market for about 8 days and 28 days respectively. So the property needs to be priced correctly and marketted well. Please let me know if you would like me to take a look at it and talk about how to market it well. Feel free to e-mail me at payamsoleymani@yahoo.com Thanks!
Web Reference:  http://www.realpayam.com
Michelle Car…, Agent, Coppertino, AL
Wed Aug 29, 2007
You're right to ask these questions. You've probably noticed that similar homes are no longer seeing SOLD or SALE PENDING signs right away. I just spoke with a Buyer who's waiting because their interest rate is a full 1 percent higher now that the market has changed. I'll run you some #'s and post it.