How long does it take to sell a house in North Clairemont in San Diego?

Asked by Andrea, San Francisco, CA Wed Feb 13, 2008

Answers

20
David Haghig…, Agent, Carlsbad, CA
Fri Dec 19, 2014
It depends on the quality of your product, as well as the quality of your pricing. Well priced homes go into escrow within one week.
Kevin Bass, Agent, La Jolla, CA
Mon Dec 8, 2014
As fast or slow as you want it to. Price it right and it will generate offers quickly. Overprice it and the home will sit. What's your motivation for selling?
Karla, Home Seller, San Diego, CA
Sun Dec 7, 2014
I listed my house way below market price (needed a lot of repairs and had a code violation). Got 8 offers within 24 hrs., a few were full asking price. Escrow could close within 14 calendar days if all parties sign on time and no contingencies. Meaning: cash offers are the fastest.
Dorene Slavi…, Agent, Torrance, CA
Tue Dec 2, 2014
You can sell a house fast if you price the house low!
Nicola Spera…, Agent, Arcadia, CA
Tue Dec 2, 2014
Should be no more than 10 days with the right strategies! Step 1 hire a local expert that has an awesome Marketing plan step 2. Have the schedule in writing step 3. Should be reviewing offers within 10 days of listing! Price and Marketing is the key!!! Cheers Nicola Speranta
Chris Roberts, Agent, Poway, CA
Tue Dec 2, 2014
If priced correctly, not to be confused with priced too low, but correctly, homes in North Clairemont can sell quickly. My most recent sale in the area received offers over asking price in one day and went into escrow in 3 days. Obviously the market can change quickly and variables such as current competing homes on the market as well as competing buyers can put the leverage in your favor. I hope this helps!
Chris
Mr Credit, Other Pro, San Diego, CA
Sat Aug 27, 2011
If You price it correctly, You will have multiple offers within the first week. If You price it too high, it may NEVER sell. Pricing and condition are the things to focus on if You want to move it quickly.

Mr Credit
The Property…, , San Diego County, CA
Tue Aug 23, 2011
4 days, 13 hours, and 47 minutes (approximately)
Laura Kelley, , San Diego, CA
Tue Aug 23, 2011
Andrea,

What is your motivation to sell?
I am an established realtor selling homes in Clairemont.
Let me know how our team can help get you the answers you need to succeed in today's market.

Make it a great day!
The Laura Kelley Group
619-985-3362
http://www.LauraSanDiego.com
Web Reference:  http://www.LauraSanDiego.com
Sandra Zambi…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Apr 10, 2008
I would recommend contacting an agent who is strong in the North Clairemont community you live, if you need a referral please let me know. Sandra Zambito, Realty Executives 760-297-0826
A, , San Diego County, CA
Thu Apr 10, 2008
If you don'y have to sell don't. Try to rent it out or just ride this slump out. If you have to sell, know that you are competing with shortsale and bank owned prices, so prepare to price your home lower than you would want in order to sell it.
If you need any assistance feel free to give me a call.
Alison Bell
619-384-6997
http://www.abellre.com
Web Reference:  http://www.abellre.com
Hi, , Virginia
Thu Mar 27, 2008
keep the house
not a good time to sell a house

anyways

good luck
Neil Fjelles…, Other Pro, San Diego, CA
Thu Mar 27, 2008
The answers you're getting from these real estate professionals are worthwhile. You're probably sensing that now is not the best time to sell. If you can wait on the market you should. If you must move but could hold on to your house as a rental this might be a wise alternative. Get some ideas and address your concerns with a visit to my website. We are one of the most experienced property management companies in San Diego.
Web Reference:  http://www.FBS-PM.com
Marilia Cath…, , 92101
Wed Mar 26, 2008
it totally depends on the sales price.
If you price your home properly it shouldn't take more than 6months unless you have what is known in the business as a major objection.
If you have a location problem or if the condition of the home is poor.
I have been a realtor in San Diego for the past 34 years and I have seen plenty of peaks and valleys. Right now we have a buyer's market which extends the length of time that it takes to sell a home.
If I can further assist you please call me at 619 300-5008 or visit my web site mariliacathcart.com
Isaac Bensus…, , 92037
Wed Feb 20, 2008
As a Realtor in San Diego with 30+ years experience I can tell you that in a Sellers Market was LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION. In a Buyers market is LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION PRICE PRICE PRICE CONDITION CONDITION CONDITION. If you need some help please e-mail me at fancydog@san.rr.com My website is http://www.besthomesinlajolla.com My cell phone is 619-392-4344.
Raana Jamshi…, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Feb 14, 2008
Hi Andrea,

According to MLS average active time as of today is been 81 days and average time sold is about 70 days. And the rest has been answered by other agents as far as pricinig and condition.
Feel free to contact me if you have more questions.
Best wishes,
Tom Swell, , San Diego, CA
Thu Feb 14, 2008
Consider the magic of Saint Joseph, Andrea. The linked article exposes the power of St. Joe to sell your house promptly. It also cautions that such powerful techniques may be unfair to buyers.
fredeckert, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Feb 14, 2008
Andrea,
All of the previous answers were excellent and insightful. Pricing your property correctly is clearly important. If you are able to, you might also consider offering some seller financing or an interest rate buy down, to make your home even more attractive to buyers. Buyer financing now, is so difficult, that helping the buyer qualify (by paying points or offering some seller financing) could make your home more saleable. You can find more information at the link below by clicking on the "Incentive" article on the left. Please let me know if you need more information. 619.507.5688
James Baker, , 92008
Wed Feb 13, 2008
Hi Andrea, I also agree with MaryAnn and Joe. It does depend on those factors but I include another factor. How much you owe on the property and or how much equity you are willing to forgo to sell the property are critical to the pricing decision.

In the last month there was 11 properties sold in Clairmont. The average time on the market was 41 days. The fastest to sell was 5 days. The longest on the Market was 121 days. Where do you think your property should fall in those statistics? Fact is, nobody can predict how long it will take especially when they know nothing about your property.

"It depends" isn't a good answer, is it? A better answer can only come with more information from you. Why don't you call me and we can discuss this.

James Baker, 760-4451534
Joe Manausa,…, Agent, Tallahassee, FL
Wed Feb 13, 2008
I agree with MaryAnn. There is not really a measurable "market time" in any real estate market. As pricing is totally in control of Sellers, many homes never sell. Many sit on the market until they are priced competitively. If you hire a professional (like MaryAnn) and follow her advice, she can give you a range of prices that will sell a home in a predictable period of time. The lower the price, the quicker the sale. The key is to match your asking price with your motivation in selling the home.

Web Reference:  http://www.manausa.com