How long do I have to wait after my contract expires with a broker before listing my home with a new broker, so that the listing comes up as new?

Asked by A, 11951 Wed Jul 23, 2014

Answers

6
Ernie Behrle, Agent, Raleigh, NC
Sun Aug 10, 2014
I'm also an agent in NC like Larry and the CDOM does reset once the home has been off the market for a period of time. I was told 60 days but Larry may know better. Annette in Florida claims theirs never reset. If you are relisting with a different company and know who that is, ask that person the rules of your local MLS on the subject. Good Luck
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Wed Jul 23, 2014
If it was only that easy.
As soon as the home is relisted the DOM will reset.
Unfortunately, this gaming action is well known.
So, most MLS systems have another timer labeled CDOM, meaning cumulative days on market.
You won't beat that time without changing your address.
There one gamer on my street with over 2,500 CDOM! (That is correct, over 6 years) Clearly this house is NOT FOR SALE but agents keep putting it in the MLS.

Find out how the MLS in 11951 calculates DOM and CDOM and game accordingly.
My NC Homes…, Agent, Chapel Hill, NC
Wed Jul 23, 2014
If you're trying to get the Days on Market to reset it typically takes 30 days though this doesn't really fool to many people as the history is still there. Once you've listed with a new agent it's going to show as a new listing. When you re-list you really should seriously consider a significant price drop. Speak with your new agent but I assure you if it hasn't sold the only real reason is the price. If you're motivated to sell, stop wasting time and adjust the price.
allan erps,A…, Agent, Pearl River, NY
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Listing expires at Midnight so 12:01AM the following day!
Scott Godzyk, Agent, Manchester, NH
Wed Jul 23, 2014
Check your old listing contract of there are any restrictions. Most often you can re-list as soon as it is expired and the new listing would then appear in MLS as fast as that agent uploads it,
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Morristown, NJ
Wed Jul 23, 2014
If your listing has expired you can list the home with a new broker right away. The listing will come up as a new listing, however, if you are concerned about the length of time it has been on the market and whether that will show on the MLS, ask. Our MLS how includes a tab that shows the listing history so that we can learn when the home was last sold, when it was listed, how many times, for how long, and at what price. Personally, I wouldn't be too concerned, any real estate agent worth their salt can get that information, it's just a matter of how easily it is obtained. Go ahead and list the house, and good luck!