How long do I have to stay in an USDA (RD) purchased home? I do know there are no prepayment penalties but we have been in this home less than 5 yrs

Asked by Vivianforyou, Tue Jul 16, 2013

Answers

3
Michelle Joh…, Agent, Stow, OH
Fri Jul 18, 2014
I do not believe there is a set amount of time you need to stay in the home; however you would want to double check with your lender. I just sold a USDA purchased home and the person had only been in the home less than 4 years. If you are interested in getting your home on the market, don't hesitate to give me a call and I can help you get started.
M R 330.338.…, Agent, Stow, OH
Fri Sep 6, 2013
I don't believe there is any time requirements for an owner occupant on a RD loan. The HOME is qhat qualifies the home for an Rural Development loan, and typically there are no time requirements. If in doubt, check with the OHIO RD website located here:
http://www.rurdev.usda.gov/oh/housing.htm

Micah Riley, Realtor
Ken Woods, Agent, Stow, OH
Wed Jul 17, 2013
The answer to your question should be found in your lenders package when you first closed on your home, however if you cant locate the documents I would highly recommend contacting your lender directly and asking them for this document.