How is the sellers market looking for George Co? We are finishing a remodel and are ready to downsize.

Asked by Linda, Lucedale, MS Sun Jul 20, 2008

Our house is 2700 sq. ft. on 8 ac. All the upgrades, including elevator to basement. We are being told that Geo. Co. is really a hot market right now. We don't want it to set on the market too long and have people question what's wrong. We have the appraised value and wonder if that would be a good selling price or if it would be lower. Is this the best time to list or should we wait?

Answers

5
Sandi & Angel, Agent, Lucedale, MS
Tue Jan 15, 2013
There's no time like the present! We are approaching the Spring "Selling Season" and it would be to your benefit to have your property on the market ahead of the rush. I would love to see the property and discuss your options.
Sandi & Angel, Agent, Lucedale, MS
Tue Jan 15, 2013
Home sales in George County are good right now as long as the property is priced to compete in today's market. I will be happy to prepare a Market Analysis for you and help you decide on the best price for your property.
Agazz, Home Buyer, Mobile County, AL
Tue Aug 14, 2012
Is this home still available?
Julianna Bra…, Home Buyer, Hattiesburg, MS
Tue May 8, 2012
where is it n how much are you askin
Keith Sorem, Agent, Glendale, CA
Mon Jul 21, 2008
Linda
You should probably talk with a local Realtor that knows three things:
1. Your local market
2. Your personal situation (when you need to sell, the net you need, etc.)
3. Your home

It sounds to me as though you are selling without professional representation, and that can cost you in a number of ways:
1. You are probably over priced, so buyers that might buy won't look because they will never think of seeing your home.
2. You are under-marketed - about 90% of the time the buyer sees the home they buy with their broker, so if brokers are unaware of your property, they cannot show it.
3. You'll have higher carrying costs, each month the dollars add up.

If you would like me to refer a top area Realtor to you to interview, just give me a call 1-888-284-2056 or conttact me through my Trulia profile.