kennytheb, Other/Just Looking in Elk Grove Orchards,...

How is the outlook for selling my home in the 95624 in Elk Grove Sheldon North? I bought about 1 year ago.

Asked by kennytheb, Elk Grove Orchards, Elk Grove, CA Wed Nov 14, 2012

Answers

7
Kylee Roe, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Mon Dec 17, 2012
Just want to add to Sarah's comment, that some caution in celebrating the "seller's market". She is correct, strong for sellers, lots of buyers, demand exceeding supply. BUT....don't have the mis-thought that a home can be over priced, or that a financed offer well over comparable market analysis values will go thru smoothly. The lenders of today are still cautious and so if your home's market value is $200,000, then that's the value you should list at. No speculation, like in '07 and that era--when the neighbors home sold for 200k, and then you can list your like house for 230K the next week, and get it sold.
Sarah Hensler, Agent, Fair Oaks, CA
Mon Dec 17, 2012
I also live in the Sheldon area in the 95624 zip code, and i have seen the value of my house slowly increase in the past year or so. The real estate market overall has increased approximately 10% throughout Sacramento over a year ago.

Currently, it is a strong sellers market, which is a change from previous years. There are lots and lots of pre-approved buyers, and a limited number of homes on the market. Its a Supply & Demand issue. We cannot predict the future, and dont know what will happen next year. If the market is flooded with homes, things could change, but at this point its a great time to sell!

If you have considered it, its a great time! Good Luck!
Ernest Math…, Agent, Wilton, CA
Thu Dec 6, 2012
Its great!! let me know if i can help
James Tan, Agent, elk grove, CA
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Every desirable property in elk grove is receiving many multiple offers. I saw a property recently with 45 offers. So the outlook is great. If you are not in a hurry to sell, you might want to wait till spring 2013.
Since you bought it 1 year ago, you should have a pretty decent (unrealized) profit right now. However, If you do want to sell, let me know, perhaps I can help.

Most likely, interest rate will remain low (the FED is continuing to buy l/t bonds in effort to keep it down), and distressed inventory continue to go down, so prices should continue to rise.
Kylee Roe, Agent, Sacramento, CA
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Hi Kenny,
The outlook is GREAT! Give me a call!

Seriously, the outlook is fantastic, and hopefully you will have some equity and be able to receive some extra cash as well. If you have to short sell--this is small possibility so I have to present this idea--then the ability to actually sell, with approval from the lien holder will depend on your personal circumstances and hardship.

Happy to help, and do give me a call or mail. I can show you a variety of info from market activity, marketing plan (heavy on internet marketing, where 70% of home buyers start their search), buyer activity, and MLS presentation options so you can make an informed decision. Absolutely free, and no trouble at all.

Kylee
Web Reference:  http://www.kyleeroe.com
Sue Archer R…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Wed Nov 14, 2012
I guess my question would be why do you want to sell after only a year? And where will you go?

As I responded in another question that you asked, the marketing plan will greatly enhance the offer price that you could receive on the home. That includes some of the factors that Mark mentioned, but even more than that.

Talk to various realtors to understand the marketing plan that they would employ. It is critical to maximizin your price and terms, as well as ensuring a smooth transaction.
Mark Forster, Agent, Elk Grove, CA
Wed Nov 14, 2012
Kenny,
The outlook is great for selling now because there is no inventory and prices are up now about 30% from a year ago. It also depends on the condition of the home. The better the condition, the more the appeal and the higher the price. I sold a home on Snapdragon to a long time client and I really like the area. Should be a great place to sell a home. So close to public transportation, shopping, freeway access and a great value for homes in today's market.
If it's in good condition should be able to sell in a weekend with multiple offers and about $130 sq. ft. on the upper end.