How important are virtual tours for townhome? We have 22 photos posted.

Asked by Irene, McLean, VA Mon Jun 9, 2008

We have a 3 br, 2.5 ba townhome in McLean, VA (1528 Westmoreland St). It's one of the least expensive townhomes in McLean. This is a great price for McLean schools! Everyone says it shows well (move-in ready) and realtor's at the broker's open said it was priced right. It has a great front courtyard/common area which has been wonderful for the kids. It doesn't actually face Westmoreland. Do we need a virtual tour to show this or would that be unadvisable for a townhouse? How much are virtual tours? Thanks!

Answers

5
Sherrie Hart…, , Great Falls, VA
Mon Jun 9, 2008
Dear Irene,

The most important thing to have for your listing is at least ten and up to thirty photos even if you have to photograph communitiy amenities such as a pool or playground area owned by your homeowners association.

Homebuyers love pictures. The listings with photographs get more views than the listings with only one or no photographs.

Virtual tour is optional and not a required feature. Just make sure you have plenty of pictures of your townhome and it sounds like you have a lot already in your online home listing.
Mike Rosen, Agent, Leesburg, VA
Mon Jun 9, 2008
While it never hurts, it's generally not necessary to do a virtual tour for a townhouse ... in my opinion. Of course that is assuming that you have taken good photos that really show off the features of your home. If you're concerned about potential buyers being turned off by the house being close to a busy street then I would just put something in the listing remarks that helps to explain it's orientation to the street. You also might want to add some photos of the exterior that specifically show this as well.
Johnny Yanko…, Agent, Manassas, VA
Sat Mar 13, 2010
Hi Irene:

How are you?

While having a "virtual tour" is nice, it is not a nessescity.

When you say you have 22 photos, are they great photos? Quality is more important than quantity.

Also, are you sure that your house is priced as aggresive as it could be? It is better to get it offer's you can refuse, then not to get in offer's at all. And as far as the "broker's open, some agent's will tell other 's what they want to hear, as opposed to what they need to know.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Johnny Yankoviak
Weichert Realtors
Gainesville, VA
Miguel Ogas,…, , Roanoke, VA
Tue Jun 10, 2008
Irene

Virtual tours work great for online marketing. They are pretty much a slideshow with some music. I don't think they are absolutely NECESSARY but they do help with the internet presence. Some sites don't allow more than a few pictures on their site but they do allow virtual tour links. When doing online marketing, the more pictures the better. This way with virtual tours you will be able to have dozens of pictures up even linked with sites that only allow a few pictures. I use them on my listings.

Miguel Ogas, REALTOR
Century 21 Gold Key REALTORS
(540) 420-5670
http://www.miguelogas.com
Glenda Cherry, Agent, Herndon, VA
Mon Jun 9, 2008
Irene, if your home is listed in the MLS with photos, you already have a "virtual tour" - it's really just a slideshow of the uploaded pictures. The main advantage is that the slideshow displays the photos at a larger size. Some people will tell you that only an actual video qualifies as a virtual tour; personally, I think a well-done slide show looks better than a jittery, poorly lit video. Virtual tours can be done at no cost if you have the right software or you can pay as much as $250 (or more) to have one done for you. Just depends on what you want. If you would like to see a virtual tour that I created for one of my listings, go to the web site below and click on Video. (I'm the alternate agent for this listing.) In this market, I don't think there's any excuse for not having a virtual tour ... unless the house really shows badly!