How does trulia come up with the home valuation prices?

Asked by kenmar36, Hershey, PA Sat Apr 6, 2013

Answers

2
Angela Moyer, Agent, Lemoyne, PA
Sat Apr 6, 2013
The prices that come from Trulia, Zillow, or any of the real estate sites are computer generated. These estimates are not usually very accurate at all, since they do not take into account the features and uniqueness of your home compared to similar homes in your area. For a good estimate you should contact a realtor and they can provide you with a CMA (comparable market analysis). They will look at local similar homes that have sold and take into account of the features that your home offers and make adjustments accordingly to come up with a recommended price range for your home. I am a local realtor, and I would be happy to provide you with a free market analysis. You may reach me on my cell (717-599-0076) with any additional questions or to schedule a meeting. I would be happy to assist you!

Angela
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Sat Apr 6, 2013
I am assuming that trulia is using given data for sold homes with the same no. of bedrooms and bath, and then the computer spits out a number. This is by no means a good market evaluation of a home,
only a local Realtor with expertise and experience in the area will be able to take inventory of a home,
look at it inside and out, then compare it to recently similar sold homes, by making adjustments for all that your home has or the lack thereof compared to the comps.... and the Realtor will also inform you
about the current similar homes that are on the market and that will compete with your home.

So consider the valuations here on Trulia or any site, a computer generated estimate ..... definitely do not rely on them.
Sincerely yours,
Edith YourRealtor4Life & Chicago and Northern Illinois Expert

Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients, Buyers, Sellers and Investors alike....
And always with a SMILE 
Covering for @Properties the city of Chicago, all N and NW suburbs, the fine homes on the
North Shore, and many of the W and SW suburbs, and with her trusted Partner Agents all of
the US and worldwide properties. Edith speaks French, German, some Spanish and other.....
@Properties ---- EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Check out my website at htttp://tinyurl.com/YourRealtor4Life
HAVE THE MOST WONDERFUL DAY :)