Karen, Home Seller in Fort Lauderdale, FL

How does a seller locate the best and most successful realtor in today's market? I live in Fort Lauderdale.

Asked by Karen, Fort Lauderdale, FL Thu Feb 14, 2008

Answers

9
Emily Erekuff’s answer
Hi Karen,

You may want to review our Member Search results for real estate professionals in Fort Lauderdale at the link below. You can browse their profiles as well as their questions and answers to get a feel for their expertise and personality.

I hope this is helpful.

Best Wishes,

Emily Gibson
Customer Service Representative
Nice response Emily.
Flag Mon Feb 25, 2013
Great answer. Sounds like the market is turning around.
Ask for a referral.
Flag Sat May 25, 2013
It sure looks like the market is changing.
Flag Wed Apr 24, 2013
Ask for a referral.
Flag Mon Apr 15, 2013
I live on Cape Cod and our market is definitely turning around.
Flag Sun Feb 24, 2013
Karen,

All great answers and good advice. Hiring a Real Estate agent to sell your home is akin to hiring for a position in many other industries. Develop a series of questions (What is your success rate, How will you advertise my home, What can I expect as far as updates, What does your Brokerage provide, etc) that you can gather answers from several agents so you can intelligently contrast and choose the agent that will best represent you in your needs. Many people are hired in various industries via the referral process and Real Estate operates exactly the same. Ask your friends and family in the area who have successfully sold their homes who they recommend and learn about the short comings and pitfalls they experience while selling their home. If you're the first of your friends and family to sell a home, than rest assured they will be asking you for a recommendation when their time comes.
Unlike hiring in other industries, however, you are entrusting an individual (and associated Broker) to represent you in selling your home for the best price and meet the terms you've set forth for the sale of your property. Homes are likely the highest dollar value item we will own in a lifetime and obviously carry along with them emotional and sentimental value. It is not easy selling your home because there are so many memories created there. Your Realtor should understand this fact and be cognizant that selling is not always easy.
Lastly, you really want an agent who is knowledgeable in your area and can effectively demonstrate a marketing strategy that will ensure your home doesn't linger on the market longer than needed. Many agents rely on simply the MLS to market and figure their job is done until closing once they have successfully listed your property there. Digital media is only one method of marketing, although it is overshadowing physical media at an alarming rate. Make sure your agent shows you what is written about your property and the photos they've posted. Their listing should effectively market your home and agree with what he/she has contracted to do. Insist on good pictures! The first showing of your home, or any home for that matter, is on the internet. Good pictures make the difference between an actual showing and a potential Buyer bypassing your property for a better photographed one.

I hope this helps and Good Luck in listing your home. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions at all.

Caleb J. Van Dyken
e-Pro
Balistreri Realty
954-204-1404
Contact a qualified realtor such as Gene Platt. He seems very experienced.
Hello Karen:

Call me or we can meet at my office to talk about referring you to the most qualified Real Estate Broker / Agent in your area. We are a member of Leading Real Estate Companies of The World (The largest Relocation Network).

Gene Platt REALTOR®
Illustrated Properties
(561) 632-5400
genedpla@gmail.com
http://www.facebook.com/ShowMePalmBeach
Hi Karen,
When a Realtor is hired, a partnership is formed, a "temporary" marriage of sort...
Mere number of closings might not be enough; how you both will work together, in harmony, exchange of information and feedback, etc. may be as important......
JMHO.....

Meir Aloni & Team
CRS (Certified Residential Specialist)
CDPE (Certified Distressed Property Expert)
RECS (Real Estate Cyberspace Society)

Successfully selling Broward County since 1986!

Direct phone# 954-338-5220

All Star Realty Inc.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 30, 2012
My suggestion is to interview several and see who is interested in your needs and not the paycheck at the end. That said there is value in giving somebody a paycheck to get what you need accomplished. As Emily pointed out, there are some great agents on Trulia and I suggest checking out some of the agents listed in the member search results for Fort Lauderdale. If you still need assistance, I would be outrageously happy to recommend one for you.
I agree . Nice response
Flag Mon Feb 25, 2013
This question is very subjective. Who "The Best" is will depend on who you talk to. I suggest talking to friends, neighbors and co-workers who've bought/sold homes in the Ft. Lauderdale area. Ask them questions about their agent and find out if they were satisfied with him/her and why. A personal referral is always the best way to find a professional whether it be a real estate agent, doctor, or anyone else.
Just like interviewing for a job. See who gives the most in servicing your listing. Are they willing to work for it. As you know that it is harder to sell these days and lots of listings. Make sure they are willing to make the time to speak to you on a weekly basis, even if it means they don't have good news for you. I will be willing to sit down with you. You can visit my website at http://www.Neerpat.com
Web Reference: http://www.neerpat.com