How does a realestate agent advertise he's own home for sale in a sign? Does he put for sale by owner, the broker company he works for?

Asked by Jonathan Quan, Las Vegas, NV Thu Jun 21, 2012

I'm not asking about the MLS listing just the way he should post the sign in he's yard. Does the agent put for sale by owner including the brokerage he works for?

Answers

5
Myra Gouger, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Every brokerage has their own rules for this and you should consult with your broker. It is definitely not a FSBO - you need to use your regular real estate signs and put a rider underneath the main sign that says "Seller is a Licensed Realtor." However, before doing this CHECK WITH YOUR BROKER as some brokerages do not allow you to sell your own home. The listing goes in the MLS.
Carolyn Dahan, Agent, San Diego, CA
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Hi Jonathan,

Bridget has given you the correct information. You would put up your brokerage's sign and add the "owner licensee" rider underneath. It would be between you and your broker as to how you would do the commission. If you have any other questions feel free to contact me. Our GLVAR can answer some of these questions for you as well.

Carolyn
Carolyn Dahan
Prudential Americana Group
Cdahan@cox.net
http://www.HomesByDahan.com
702-250-2739
Jeff Wallenf…, , Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jun 21, 2012
Under Nevada law, the agent puts up his brokerage's sign and adds a rider that says "owner licensee." You can buy one at the GLVAR shop.
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Thu Jun 21, 2012
I think and it really depends on the brokerage you are working for...
The sign should be the same as always the brokerage with your name.
But on the MLS it should and must state that the Realtor is also the owner, i.e.
that you the Realtor have interest in the property.

Otherwise I am not sure that your brokerage would let you do it just by owner.....
But they should be able to tell you.
Feel free to contact me or get to me via my website below.

EdithDoesItRight@yahoo.com or EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com

@Properties Northshore - offices in Chicago, Evanston, Winnetka, Highland Park and Lake Forest
30 Green Bay Road Winnetka Il. 60093
or sign up for home searches on my website http://tinyurl.com/MeetEdithHere
Have a most wonderful Day :)
Aneta Ivanova, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Thu Jun 21, 2012
The agent suppose to disclose that he/she is licensee, it is does not matter that he/she is a Realtor