How do you find out who the top selling agent is in your area?

Asked by Triplem, Hilliard, OH Sun Dec 19, 2010

We'd like to know if there's a website that lists agents by the # of properties they've sold. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Answers

14
Lynn Semer, Agent, Wooster, OH
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Try this link
http://www.ohiorealtors.org/members/awards/psc/Achievement_2…

you can go to http://www.ohiorealtors.org - click on the members tab, then click awards programs. These are the top agents in Ohio by their local board affiliation. Not sure what board the Hilliard area is in but you may be able to tell by what cities are close to you.
Laura Myers…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Dec 19, 2010
this link had a decent article...check it out and decide for yourself

http://www.411homerepair.com/do-it-yourself/real-estate/sele…

Cheers
Laura
Laura Myers…, Agent, Scottsdale, AZ
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Triplem
Our local MLS will allow the AGENT to pull their list of sold properties so we can bring that statistic to a listing presentation. Ask for this when you begin your interviews. I will admit that I am rarely asked that questions when earning my clients business as it seems clients are more concerned how I will sell their home vs how I've sold others. While many of the techniques are the same there are specific criteria to selling a home that also apply and meeting those needs won't depend on how many other homes I've sold.
I think the average agent only represents about 12 transactions a year.
Ask the agent their personal ratio of listing vs buyer transactions and what level of support they have for their business. You'll want your needs met and if they are too busy with no back up you could wind up frustrated. Also, make sure the market strategy and pricing are on point with hard data and details. Make sure you like your Realtor too! They could be the biggest but not necessarily the best for you. There are typically many good Realtors that can bring you results so don't feel the need to go to all #1's. Explore the top 20% of the offices choices. You can ring the offices market center and ask to talk with the Broker and get their advise after talking about some of your needs and get that referral. Talk to some of your friends who have had a great result and get their referral.
Keller Williams and other large companies have great referral programs where we send each other business for a referral fee. So if you have a relative in another state that is a Realtor see if they have a similar program and get their referral.
Good Luck~!
Laura Myers
Keller Williams Arizona Realty
Select Realty Group
Cathy Schwan…, Agent, Dublin, OH
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Well Triplem, there is no way for you to go online and get this information that I know of. I know us, as Realtors and members of the Columbus Board of Realtors can get those numbers, a somewhat time consuming task. I sell in Hilliard however would not be considered the "top agent". Does not mean I haven't sold houses there and been successful there as well as other areas. I do live in Hilliard so am very familiar with the area, what the prices are and where homes are selling. What do you feel a top agent can bring other agents can not? Would love to have an opportunity to speak to you directly.
Cathy Schwandt
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Here's another idea....I don't know your MLS System; but there's gotta be a way. If each closed listing shows the listing and the selling agent and the MLS System allows you to download the info; download the info into an excel spreadsheet and sort it yourself.
Web Reference:  http://www.321property.com
Edith Karoli…, Agent, Winnetka, IL
Mon Dec 20, 2010
Contact Realtors in your area and talk to them, find out how they work and communicate with you, tell them what you expect as the home seller, let them look at your home, they may have advice on what to repair or upgrade before putting your home on the market. Work with the one, that you trust the most, you feel you can
communicate free and honestly and be careful, the one with the most sales may not be the best Realtor for YOU. Remember how you select your family doctor, your dentist, your attorney, your hair dresser, trust and understanding and great communication, and you do want a Realtor who responds, keeps you in the loop of things and is most of all HONEST AND STRAIGHt FORWARD particularly in today's difficult market....

A well prepared home, priced super competitively will sell faster than others, or will sell - period!

Good Luck to you! Hire the person, the expertise, the communication and negotiation skills, do not
hire numbers!!!
Edith YourRealtor4Life and Chicago and Northern Illinois Connection
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients
EdithSellsHomes@gmail.com
Web Reference:  http://tinyurl.com/MeetEdith
Triplem, Home Seller, Hilliard, OH
Mon Dec 20, 2010
Oh my gosh! I cannot believe the wonderful responses I've received. Thank you all so much! I'll definately be following your advice.
James Deskins, Agent, Worthington, OH
Mon Dec 20, 2010
Hi Triplem, I agree with the other responses here. The top selling agent isn't always the best agent. That being said, if you want an answer, feel free to contact me off-line and I will tell you what you want to know. FYI, I can be unbiased because I do not list properties, I only work with buyers. BTW, I know the Hillard market very well.

Jim
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Keep in mind that if looking to sell--If a property is not priced on target for today's market, and if marketing does not maximize exposure, it doesn't matter who the listing agent is....therefore, consider contacting a few local agents, or as many as needed, from different realty offices and interview them in person, then choose the one you like best and the one who has the most to offer--choose your agent with care--and at the same time do keep in mind that a home is worth what someone is willing to pay for it; it doesn’t matter what the seller needs or potential buyers can afford to spend. Market conditions do matter as does the immediacy for a transaction to take place. In setting a price, it is in the seller’s best interest to focus on the current market conditions in conjunction with general economic value projections over the next six months.
Frank Dolski, Agent, Lahaska, PA
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Dear Triplem,
One of the methods that i employ is by utilizing the massive relocation network that Coldwell Banker International provides for their agents. I have the resources and ability to help anyone pick the top absent and broker pretty much anywhere in the United States, Canada and most countries. First I find out the needs of the client. Next, I research the Top brokers in the zip code area. Finally, I personally speak to the relocation director and office manager to request the top agents (3) in the office. I look up their profile and contact them. If they meet my criteria, I then send the names to the buyers and sellers that request my help. I have been very successful with this process and have assisted many buyers and sellers and have numerous recommendations for providing such service. It is a reflection on me and that is why I do my best to help referral clients as much as I would a personal buyer, seller, or investor.
Having been the top 1 or 2 agent in our 20 office franchise, I am successful in my business and in helping others in many areas. I encourage you to go to my website or look me up on Coldwell Banker.com to see my references.

Please contact me if you need direct assistance. I'd be more than happy to help you.

Frank Dolski MBA, ABR, e-PRO
Associate Broker
CARTUS Certified Relocation Specialist
Coldwell Banker Hearthside Realtors
f.dolski@cbhearthside.com
215-803-3237
215-794-1070 x103
Web Reference:  http://www.FrankDolski.com
Laura Fleisc…, Agent, Hollis, ME
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Remember, that the top selling agent in your area may head up a team, and the team's sales are all under the head of the team, so it may be a bit like "fuzzy math" If you are looking for the best agent to sell your home, then start interviewing, and go with your instinct. We all have access to the same tool, some of us use them better than others, and some of us negotiate better than others.
Web Reference:  http://www.amytarboxteam.com
Myra Gouger, Agent, Las Vegas, NV
Sun Dec 19, 2010
I don't believe that there is any way to find out. The MLS makes no distinction between listing agent and selling agent. They only show number of transactions. I believe most offices report internally this way as well. Anyway, if you are asking because you want to sell your home rapidly, you don't need the top agent. You just need an enthusiastic person who is willing to do many different methods of advertising to try to get your home sold.
Triplem, Home Seller, Hilliard, OH
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Thank you Phil.

Unfortunately, our Board of Realtors web page doesn't allow for this kind of sort. It will only allow you to sort by designations.
Phil Rotondo, Agent, Melbourne, FL
Sun Dec 19, 2010
Triplem;
Usually these statistics are found on the local MLS. Your choices are to ask an agent or call the local board.
I hope this helps.