How do sellers show a wider range of buyers their property has a great water view. Anyone searching in the town will see it but how about Eastern MA?

Asked by Frank Hays, Boston, MA Mon Jul 15, 2013

Answers

3
Wen Farina, Agent, Reading, MA
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Hi Frank,

selling a house is not just based on water views (some buyers might not value it as much as you would or may have different value to them depending on if it is ocean water view, pond/lake water view, which one do you have?). Putting the house on MLS with some standard pictures is not enough (I've seen some pics that should have never been used), specially if it is a house on the higher end, to sell it.
You need a stronger strategy to sell your house and your agent should be able to walk you through this. If you are doing fsbo (for sale by owner) that just listed on mls you may be missing out on a much larger pool of buyers. Also, make sure your are not overpriced as this will do more damage than good. You will also need to make sure you dedicate enough time to selling your house and that it is easily available for showings. Check your listing, your pics and description again and see if you would change anything. As I mentioned there are lots of details and strategies involved in selling a house. If I can be of assistance let me know. Best of luck
Wen
wen@wenrealty.com
Kevin Vitali, Agent, Tewksbury, MA
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Not sure I understand your question Frank.... Most buyers are very specific about the communities they do their home search.

MLS does have a check for homes with water views but in all the years I have been doing real estate I have never had a buyer who's main search criteria was water views.
Michael Welsh, Agent, Boston, MA
Mon Jul 15, 2013
Frank,

Can you please clarify - Are you asking how to show potential buyers that your property has a great water view? If so, open houses are the best option, then virtual tours, and then photographs. If you really have a great view, it makes sense to hire a professional photographer to capture it for the virtual tour and the photographs.

Good luck, and let me know if I can be of any help.

Michael P. Welsh, Esq.
Partner/Broker
McDermott Welsh Realty
http://www.mcdermottwelshrealty.com
Thanks Michael, have tried to include SEO terms for the greater Boston area, for example, but feel that I'm only getting buyers that are specifically interested in Wellesley-Weston. I'm looking for ideas to help attract more people that would like the view and nature but who are not looking in my town only. Your input on photos and open houses I've tried so far without much luck. Thanks again, Frank
Flag Mon Jul 15, 2013