How do I post a home for Sale?

Asked by Kathy Corcorran, Jersey Village, Jersey Village, TX Sun Sep 22, 2013

Answers

18
Al Geffon, Agent, Houston, TX
Mon Sep 23, 2013
Kathy ...

You're asking real estate professionals, who earn their livings by listing and selling homes, how to get your property on the market without using our services. I don't think that such was your stated intention, but it's essentially what you're doing ... kind of awkward, don't you think?

None of us here has even addressed the issues of price, marketing, contracts, title work, negotiation, repairs, closing costs ... those (and other) matters which comprise the the home-selling process. Are you prepared to undertake all of that? Were you aware that such components even exist?

There's an incredible amount of work involved ... if it were simply a matter of posting your home, waiting for an acceptable offer, and heading for the closing table, everyone would be selling their own property, and Realtors would wind up going the way of the blacksmith. There are reasons why the overwhelming majority of real estate is sold using agents ... and why all but a very few houses that begin as FSBO's eventually end up being listed with Realtors. Sure, there are fees involved ... but your interests would be thoroughly protected and professionally represented. The guidance you'd receive would be invaluable ... and it's likely that the end result would be selling the home for more than had you attempted to go it alone.

Take the opportunity to sit down with several Realtors. All other matters notwithstanding, you'll instinctively know which one would work best with you. Remember ... we're trained professionals. Do not try this at home! I wish you well.

Al Geffon
Trend Setter Realty
(713) 213-6350
al@geffon.net
Web Reference:  http://www.har.com/algeffon
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Sep 22, 2013
I am going to try something novel - I am going to simply answer your question!

Contrary to what Mark said - You, as a home owner, cannot list your home for sale on Trulia (manually or otherwise) - as trulia does not allow "for sale by owners".

Only agent-listed homes may be posted here.

You can list on: Zillow.com, or Craigslist.com or ForSaleByOwner.com..... just to name a few fsbo friendly sites. There are others.

You can, if you wish, list with a flat fee Broker who will (for a set fee) post your home on the MLS - you will, however, be expected to pay a commission to any buyer's broker if they bring in an acceptable offer.

Best wishes......
Krystal Vill…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Sep 22, 2013
The first step is to interview Realtors. I would be happy to meet you, answer any questions you have, and give you valuable information. I am a Certified Master Negotiation Expert, which gives me the ability not only to put more money in your pocket, but to make sure a sales contract is written in your favor to protect your best interests. I live in Jersey Village, so I very familiar with the area. Please call me to set up an appointment/ interview at 713-890-9108. Thank you!

Truly,

Brandon Newton
Althea Morris, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Sep 22, 2013
Hi Kathy;

I suggest you use a Realtor so that it can be marketed in MLS as well as sites such as Trulia, That way you have the exposure on Trulia as well as the data base where most Realtors search. I live in Winchester Country which is right around the corner from you and I will be happy to meet with you to help you get it done.

Call me at 832-498-8016 if you have any questions.

Althea Morris
Leak Properties
Sharita Robi…, Agent, Pearland, TX
Sun Sep 22, 2013
Hi Kathy,

I would suggest consulting with a Realtor first. A Realtor can do a comparative marketing analysis on your home and give a good recommendation of a starting listing price. Then list your home in several real estate sites such as HAR and Trulia.

Please let me know if I can help you in any way.

Sharita Robinson
Prudential Premier Properties
832-306-6899
mary ann Lip…, Agent, Spring, TX
Sun Feb 16, 2014
When you list your home with a realtor, it will then appear on Trulia and many other websites, too. If you need help listing and selling your home, give me a call!
Mary Ann Lipsey, RE/MAX NORTHWEST, 281-723-8200
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Sun Feb 16, 2014
your local REALTOR has the access and resources to get you home onto Trulia. Homes for sale on Trulia are presented by real estate brokers. Pick up the phone and call a Jersey Village REALTOR.
Kevin Sechel…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Feb 16, 2014
http://www.ListFlatFee.net can help you out....
mary ann Lip…, Agent, Spring, TX
Fri Feb 7, 2014
When you list your home with a realtor, that realtor puts it in MLS and online. That's how these homes get to Trulia's website. If you are an individual trying to sell your own home, without the help of a realtor, you are taking a big liability "on." If you'd like to talk about marketing your home, call me today, 281-723-8200

I can help you
Jim Shavalian, Agent, Palmdale, CA
Fri Feb 7, 2014
Hi Kathy,

Trulia offers a free service to home sellers or you can list your home on http://www.forsalebyowner.com You can also have a realtor in your area help with the sale. I always suggest using a good realtor because your home will sell much faster & you reduce your liabilities as well. I hope this information helps you... Sincerely, Jim Shavalian, Keller Williams Realty, (213)448-3439 cell
i agree, Hire a realtor..Selling a home is a big job and if you don't have a realtor, you are practicing real estate without a license.
Flag Fri Feb 7, 2014
JamieUSR, Home Seller, Houston, TX
Thu Feb 6, 2014
You can have it listed here in Trulia.
@Debra, I mean, she can contact agents who is a member of this website to post her home sale. Would that be okay?
Flag Tue Jul 8, 2014
NO THEY CAN'T - not on their own!!!!
Trulia does not allow "for sale by owners" to list here. ONLY agent-listed homes may be posted on Trulia
Flag Thu Feb 6, 2014
Kevin Sechel…, Agent, Houston, TX
Tue Feb 4, 2014
You could always try this Website.

http://www.ListFlatFee.com

Let me know if you have any questions!

Kevin Sechelski
List Flat Fee
Contact@ListFlatFee.net
832.545.5503
Jim Shavalian, Agent, Palmdale, CA
Mon Feb 3, 2014
Hi Kathy,

You are always welcome to post your home for sale on Trulia.com It is a free service offered to you but it will not assure a successful sale. It is always recommended that a home seller consult a realtor in order to get the best results. Hope this information helps you & best of luck!

Jim Shavalian
Keller Williams North Valley
19300 Rinaldi St. Suite L
Porter Ranch, CA 91326
CalBRE#01918198
(213)448-3439 cell
FSBO's cannot post their homes on Trulia!
Flag Sun Feb 16, 2014
Melissa Font…, Agent, Spring, TX
Mon Feb 3, 2014
You’re ready to sell your property. And, while you’re looking forward to seeing the word “SOLD” posted from the curb, you know there’s a lot to consider along the way. One of your first decisions is to select a real estate agent who’ll join you in the process.

You deserve much more than a sign in the yard, fliers in a box and an occasional open house. You deserve an agent who will be at your side, from listing to closing, ensuring that your property sells smoothly and you get the most money possible from the sale.

My local real estate market expertise means I’m able to interpret all data that dictates the optimum pricing strategy, so your property will be priced to sell. It is my job to work hard for you to get you top dollar for your home - and it is a Seller's Market, with many Buyers starting their home search for the spring, and still-great mortgage interest rates! You can reach me at melissafontenot@kw.com or call me at (832) 661-5639.

Best Wishes in the Sale of Your Home!
Sahar Samadi…, Agent, Houston, TX
Thu Dec 26, 2013
Hi Cathy,

The best way to list your home for sale is to go through a professional who works in the industry such a REALTOR. A Realtor can market your home effectively, will provide you with a CMA to let you know what your home is worth, and bring you the right buyer. Your relator will look out for your best interest. I strongly suggest you take advantage of the services a Realtor can provide you. In today's maker staging a home correctly, and listing it correctly at the right price will help you effectively sell your home.

You can also put a yard sign on your front yard or visit website to list your home as For Sale By Owner. I don't advise on this, because if you have never sold a home before you may be surprised by the calls and the clientele you get calling you and just wanting to see you home in addition to the necessary paper work needed and guidance in completing the sale. Please advise with a Realtor.

I would love to help you list your home and go over your options in more details. Please don't hesitate to contact me should you need further assistance.

Sahar Samadian
Serve Realty Professionals
Direct: 832-741-3120
Chris Schill…, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Sep 22, 2013
Kathy,

There are several different ways to get a home listed for sale. Some work better than others...they include:

1. Do it yourself- get a yard sign from Home Depot and plant it in the yard with your number. Its a hot market, people will call you.

2. Craigslist- you can sell darn near anything with this resource...be careful though. You never know who you are inviting over to your home.

3. Do it yourself with a little help- FSBO.com For Sale By Owner. They offer lots of levels of service and provide documents and tools to help make the process easier.

4. Hire a professional to help you. Obviously, as a licensed real estate agent in Texas, this is my preferred option/suggestion to you. Give me a call and I'm happy to give you some tips for any and all options in front of you. Plus one of my websites is http://www.77040.com Login to get a current value of your home for free....no strings, no gimmicks, no hassles....

Best of luck to you!

Chris Schilling
Broker
Turbo Realty
Turbo Fast & Hassle Free
chris@turborealty.com
Direct: 832-607-8073
Mark McNitt, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Sep 22, 2013
Kathy,

There is a button that says "Submit your listing", upper right on the Trulia home page. You can add manually there.

However, I would highly suggest you call me. An experienced Realtor that works in your area can, on average, get you 5%-12% more than if you do it alone (stats from the National Association of Realtors).

Can you meet the buyers when it works on their schedule? Do you understand how to price your home? Do you have knowledge of the market in Jersey Village, average sales prices? Do you know how to stage your home? Do you know the required paperwork? The list goes on and on. And don't forget the safety issue with meeting strangers at your home!

I have worked in the area for over 20 years. Just sold a Jersey Village home on the golf course this spring. Let me know if I can prepare a CMA for you and discuss your options, closing cost, etc.

Mark McNitt
m 832-567-4357
Bernstein Realty, Inc.
Only Real estate agents can list homes on Trulia, no for sale by owners!
Flag Sat Sep 28, 2013
NO, no, no...............a homeowner cannot "manually" enter their listing........NO FSBO's are allowed here - only agent listed homes may be posted!! Before you give "advice" make sure it is correct!
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013
David Tansey, Agent, Houston, TX
Sun Sep 22, 2013
You have to be a Realtor to post on all the top real estate sites. If you are looking to save the money, you should look into "for sale by owner" sites. Some of them will post your add to the better sites including MLS for a fee.
Web Reference:  http://www.DaveRealty.com
actually, Zillow allows fsbo's to post their homes on the site
Flag Sun Sep 22, 2013