Erin Creech, Home Seller in Virginia Beach, VA

How do I list my home FSBO on Trulia? It seems very complicated!

Asked by Erin Creech, Virginia Beach, VA Wed Oct 30, 2013

Hi Erin

You need to be a Realtor to post a home on Trulia, otherwise there are scams.

Web Reference: http://www.ruthandperry.com
Only a licensed agent has access to do so.
Hi Erin,

Homes listed on Trulia and many other sites are listed by licensed agents. The information that is posted on many sites is information that agents have gathered.

I you want you home to show on Trulia, it must be listed by an agent who will have your listed advertised on a site that Trulia gathers information from. The MLS is one example. Agents pay a lot of money to advertise homes and the benefit is the home bein more visable to buyers.

I live Southside. If you would like to talk about listing your property so it shows up on Trulia and other sites, feel free to contact me.
You can NOT post your home on Trulia without a realtor.

However, if you do not ant to engage a realtor's full service, most will do a flat-fee listing to put your home on the MLS as FSBO. This means it will not only show up in Trulia, but Zillow, and ANY website which gets their home data from MLS sources. (This is about 95% of all property search websites!)

This generally costs about $300 to $400, depending on how many details you would like to show up.

If you are interested in this, feel free to shoot me an email at: theholtrealestategroup@gmail.com

Even if you want to think it over for a while, I'm happy to give you some tips that will help you sell your home as an FSBO! :)