How do I list a home that does not show up when searching that I am listing.?

Asked by Steven, 85749 Fri Aug 3, 2007

Answers

8
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Fri Aug 3, 2007
Trulia cannot search the MLS url. Trulia can search a url when the data is on that url. That is why the broker creates a feed, or submits their site to Trulia. An agent, nor Broker, is the owner of the MLS url and can't grant crawl permission to that url. If the broker for which your agent works does not have a feed, the agent can contact a local college that has computer programming classes and coordinate his/her efforts with a broker to get their feed up. We have an IT person on our staff who created ours.
Sylvia Barry,…, Agent, Marin, CA
Fri Aug 3, 2007
Hi Steve:

Instead of posting this question under the Home Selling category, I will post it under the 'Using Trulia' category. Trulia people are very good at helping me when I had quesitons/problems.

Then again, maybe you have it all figured out by now with Deborah's help.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Fri Aug 3, 2007
Hi Steven,
The link below will take you to the XML Data Specification Guide for Trulia. If you can write HTML, with a little bit of effort, you can probably write XML and prepare the feed. So I am told. But, I don't write either.
Best of Luck!
Alex Aunon, , Tucson, AZ
Tue Sep 14, 2010
Under my listings, highlight on the field of input and place your MLS# of your listing and do a search. If your property does not show up, then chances are its a brand new listing. Just recheck it again after a while. And Re-try
Web Reference:  http://www.DoubleATeam.com
Steven, Home Seller, 85749
Fri Aug 3, 2007
Could you define feed? I have designed web sites, but not sure how to use this term. The agent I have is the broker.
Steven, Home Seller, 85749
Fri Aug 3, 2007
I am with my realtor and we are unable to upload a link to our listing. We have pasted the MLS url into the browser and had not luck. Thanks for your help.
Don Wehn, Agent, Tucson, AZ
Fri Aug 3, 2007
Please restate the question, I think I know what the question is but I want to be certain.
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Fri Aug 3, 2007
Here's the link to provide your Realtor