How do I increase visibility on my home in Huntington Beach for sale? http://bit.ly/cyy0t2

Asked by Scarlett, Huntington Beach, CA Mon Aug 9, 2010

I have a beautiful home for sale in Huntington Beach and I'm trying to think of some innovative ways to let people know about my Huntington Beach house for sale! Any ideas?

Answers

34
Laurie Manny, , Long Beach, CA
Tue Aug 10, 2010
Approximately 93% of buyers are shopping for their home on the Internet. When your home is placed on the MLS it is automatically sent to many sites like Trulia, Realtor.com and many others. Many agents think this is Internet marketing and it is, sort of. Unfortunately when your listing appears on these large search sites it does so on a page with many other listings; it doesn't stand out. Your agent can purchase featured listing on many of these sites, but that can get expensive and few agents are willing to do so. Some (very few) agents really know how to work the internet and can place your listing at the top of the search engines on its own with professionally written articles and powerful SEO (search engine optimization). Doing this requires powerful sites (owned by the agent) and a vast knowledge of SEO. How do you find an agent capable of doing this?

Call me when your listing expires.

Laurie Manny
Main Street Realtors
562-212-5420
Pam Estes, Agent, Harrisonburg, VA
Wed Aug 11, 2010
Price, Price Price!!!!! Hire a full time experienced agent that understands your present market.
John Alesi, Agent, Rancho Santa Margarita, CA
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Rent one of those search lights and place it in your front yard (till the city or your neighbors make you remove it).
Hire an airplane to tow a banner over the beach on Saturdays and Sundays.
Hire a sign flipper to stand on the corner of a busy intersection.
Buy a full page ad in the OC Register...they will probably give you a good deal.
Rent a billboard on Pacific Coast Highway.
Print tee shirts with a picture of the home and give it to the neighborhood kids to wear or better yet...
Have someone's torso painted with your house info and have them walk the beach on weekends.

I know these are crazy but I was just thinking outside of the box for a while. I'm sure your agent has great ideas to market your home. Good luck for a quick sale!
Web Reference:  http://www.YourOCHome.com
Lisa Karos, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Tue Sep 24, 2013
I see this is an older post so your home probably sold but Price & Marketing are the key factors. Even though 93% of buyers are searching on the internet there are several other ways of marketing.
Marketing I find face to face by door knocking in the neighborhood close to the listing itself helps tremendously. neighbors are usually the megaphone to the market & are big advocates of property sales and have friends or other family members looking to move. A good agent such as myself will have the property marketed all over the internet as well as notifying several top agents in & outside of the area by email and will be mailing quality brochures out.
Call me please if you are still in the market !
Lisa Karos
714-335-4546
Hassan Sabba…, Agent, Campbell, CA
Tue Feb 14, 2012
I would interview minimum 3 agents and hire the best.
Web Reference:  http://www.homenet123.com
Kathy Mitche…, Agent, Madison, CT
Fri Feb 3, 2012
89% of your buyers begin their real estate search on the internet. Make sure you list your property with a company that has a strong internet presence and syndicates their listings out to many web sites and places your home on Multiple Listing. Provide quality photographs of your home and lots of them. The more pictures the better. Also use social media as a sorce to get your listing out there.
Consider allowing your Realtor to hold a Brokers Open house and also Public Open House to give your property more exposure. Good Luck!
Stephanie Le…, Agent, Miami Lakes, FL
Thu Feb 2, 2012
Listing with an agent can give your home the exposure it deserves. I would recommend you use an agent who can syndicate your property to 100’s of sites… This is easy for an agent as we have the tools and aid of the MLS.

To explain how to do it yorself will take alot of time to explain and you would need hours and hours to upload a profile manually to all the sites that agents can syndicate to via the MLS..

It would be easier to hire an agent and just review the offers with your agent as he/she explains all the details of the offers..
Lesley Harris…, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Thu Jan 26, 2012
HIRE A PROFESSIONAL~

1) Obviously the Multiple Listing Service with OCAR. Orange County Association of Realtors. (approx. 10,000 members strong not to mention affiliates PWR Pacific West Realtors, etc...)

2) One of my many favorite marketing items is placing a virtual tour on my listings!

3) Open House, not just placing a sign and flags in front, stragitic plan that week and days prior. Flag the property. With lender information so potential home owners can see realistically how much it costs to get into the house of their dreams and what their payments will be.

4) Offer seller’s concessions if you are in the position to help. Seller Carry or pay for some of their closing costs, buy-down interest rate, etc….

5) Home Warranty – for a whole year http://www.firstamrealestate.com

6) Advertise in the many real estate magazines; I have some of my own favorite ; will be happy to pass along the information. (which go on numerous of websites and internet searches)

7) PRICE PRICE PRICE it Right! CONDITION CONDITION CONDITION , make sure it s clean and ready for
viewing. Remove all your personal knick knacks – make home as neutral so the new buyer can visualize themselves living there.

That is just some ideas that comes to mind that are automatic.

Lesley Harris, Realtor
CAL TEX PROPERTIES
16872 Bolsa Chica St.
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
Martin Campos, Agent, Marysville, CA
Thu Jan 26, 2012
What, are you afraid of pay a commission?
Of all the traffic around your home, how many of all the people are looking to buy? How did you found your house, was it listed on the MLS or sell by owner? In the long run you are better of contracting the services of a realtor
, ,
Thu Nov 10, 2011
The best way to sell a home is the multiple listing service. That way you have thousands of agents who want to sell your home.

If you need a good agent let me know, I am a lender in the area and know who the best ones are.
Johnny Newman…, Agent, Valencia, CA
Wed Aug 18, 2010
Hello Scarlett,
I agree with Rosemarie in this market you see many Bank Owned properties priced lower that regular sale listings. This attracts multiple offers, best case you get close or past the amount you want for your property. On the other hand your property is only worth what a buyer will pay,
Deborah Madey, Agent, Brick, NJ
Sun Aug 15, 2010
Price is critically important, but without proper exposure, you can undersell.

All of the exposure in the world will not sell your property if there are competing properties out there offering more value for less cost. All of the visibility and exposure will simply help the buyer understand that the "OTHER" properties are a better deal.

Ask your agent to show you stats on how many online views your property has gathered. If that number is substantial, you are overpriced. If that number is low, work with your agent to increase the visibility via online presence. Almost all buyers are online. Print has little impact on marketing a property.
David Chiles, Other Pro, Los Angeles, CA
Sat Aug 14, 2010
Thank you for your question about increasing the visibility of your Hunington Beach home. Many of the suggestions offered are great. I suggest going beyond increasing the visibility of your home and designing it to sell. There are many proven tips and tricks that you can do to make your home more appealing to would be home buyers. Designed to sell is a popular TV show can help. The following is a link to several episodes: http://www.clicker.com/tv/designed-to-sell/
Jeff & Jodi…, Agent, Greenwood Village, CO
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Scarlett,

Increasing visibility on your home can be handled in a number of ways. Currently, the top rated method to attract online attention is through social media and blog posts. Online home searches result in property showings and contracts.

Now with that said, if the market is not showing interest in your home you may need to re-visit the comps and see how you are priced compared to your competition. If the price looks good, then press into generating visibility across the web to increase interest and attract a buyer for your home.

To get an example of how my team generate traffic look at our new Word Press web blog at http://www.HomesDenverForSale.com or our Blog Spot at http://HomesDenverForSale.BlogSpot.com. These options are interlaced into a host of other backend methods Realtors use.

Finally, "Tweet" your home out to your agents SOI and share with your friends on "FaceBook." You will be impressed on how this attracts quality interest to your home.

Best of Success!

Jeff Cramer
GRI, SFR, ePro, MCP
The Cramer Team at
Cherry Creek Properties, LLC
Highlands Ranch CO 80129
http://www.HomesDenverForSale.com
303-646-7571
Kathy Mitche…, Agent, Madison, CT
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Scarlett,

Pricing your home correctly is key. Ask the agent you are currently working with to provide you with a list of active homes in your price range, which would be your competition when selling (good to know) and also look at homes similar to your home that have recently sold. Analyze the price point that is going under deposit and has recently closed and price your home just below the price range that has movement. Be ahead ot the market in pricing rather than behind. Buyers are very savy today and understand value. If they see that your home is priced well in this highly competitive market it will give you an edge. Also, make sure your home is clean and shows well. Pay attention to important upgrades. Then spend sometime with your agent and determine what are the best web vehicles to expose your home. Good luck.

Kathy Mitchell
William Pitt Sotheby's International Realty
Madison, CT
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Hi Scarlett, I agree with much of what has been saId - price is the place to start, make sure you have priced your home correctly. A realtor can help you with pricing and also exposure. Gettting both right is essential for success. And I heartily agree with Ron, if you are working with an agent that claims nothing works, it is highly likely that her work ethic is part of the problem

Selling homes requires the focused and dedicated attention of a pro. The key is to price correctly and then maximize exposure to reach buyers. Since 90%+ of today's buyers (NAR 2009 stat) shop online, your web-based strategy has got to explosive. Online buyers are educated and informed, they will not consider an overpriced property. In short, nothing cures a pricing problem, so it is critical that you get that right.

While statistically it is highly likely that your buyer will see your home on line, the fact is you really can't be certain where the buyer will find you. As a result, I do everything - and provide the most robust traditional marketing program along with a "can't be beat" internet strategy.

Find the agent that will do this for you in California and hire her.

Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service - in New Jersey
Web Reference:  http://www.feenick.com
Dorothy Ziel…, Agent, Park Ridge, IL
Thu Aug 12, 2010
Open House is a great exposure to the public.
Ron Rovtar, Agent, Boulder, CO
Wed Aug 11, 2010
As Laurie mentions below, visibility takes a lot of work. If you will hire an agent, ask the agent what he/she will really do for you. If the agent keeps saying " X doesn't work." as in "Open houses don't work," or "Advertising doesn't work," you probably have found an agent who "doesn't work." In this market, you really have to go after buyers. That works.

Ron Rovtar
Boulder CO
303.473.1926
, ,
Wed Aug 11, 2010
Hire a Pro. If you need a Realtor referral contact me. ..... Happy funding, Rudi
Web Reference:  http://www.umboc.com
Megan Trumba…, , Essex Junction, VT
Wed Aug 11, 2010
Yard signs can attract attetnion especially to motivated buyers. We suggest multiple signs and make sure they are all up on Thursday and ready for the weekend. The buyer who calls you from a sign is a motivated buyer. Chances are he has seen the house and is calling with specific questions regarding your terms. You should post multiple signs in multiple locations on your property. Make sure each one is easy to read and offers a special condition to the potential buyers. Keep the signs simple and easy to read. Make sure to include your phone number and this web site address. Please dont forget this site offers a 24 hour a day saels portal for prospects to find out more about your terms and conditions for sale. If you are using a realtor make sure they are following up with the prospects. They should be reporting to you on a wekly basis what they have done to sell your house for you.

Found this article on the site below. Maybe their other articles could help you out too. best of luck.

http://www.openmarketrealty.com/blog/open-market-realty-yard…
Robert Bentl…, Agent, Newburyport, MA
Wed Aug 11, 2010
Signs everywhere, directional will anger some, but they will be talking...
Darlene Boyd, , New Bern, NC
Wed Aug 11, 2010
Hi Scarlett,
If Huntington Beach is like most other areas around the country you are competing with foreclosures and short sales. While these properties tend to bring other homeowner property values down, you still have the demand for location. Make sure you are using a REALTOR familiar with the various obstacles you may be faced with and above all, make sure you price your home to sell! We are no longer in a "Test Market" and pricing too high will deter any activity! Internet marketing is the way to go!
Rosemarie Vi…, Agent, Asbury Park, NJ
Tue Aug 10, 2010
Hi Scarlett,

You have several great answers here but ....... A realtor could spend Thousands of dollars and have the best marketing plan available for your home BUT...... the most important part of selling today is the PRICE...

Even 2% over priced will not bring buyers in or maybe the advertsing will bring them in but u will have no offers.

The Key to Selling is to create a demand for your home.
If I May I make a suggestion underprice it ...the value and demand will be there ...It is not guaranteed but lately I have found that creates the demand and the sense of urgency needed. IMHO as a professional for many years ..... If u don't u will chase the market and end up selling for a price, so much lower then u had ever expected.

Best of Luck !

Rosemarie Villanova
Diane Turton Realtors, Ocean Grove, NJ
201-681-3536
Tue Aug 10, 2010
No. 1 - You must list with a Realtor, then it will be placed on the Multiple Listing Service and it will automatically go on several , loads , dozens of sites. Trulia, Realtor.com, Postlet, etc...

YouTube Commercial placed on yours and the realtors Facebook page which will reach 1,000's of people nationwide.

Open Houses, Brokers Marketing Sessions (in Huntington Beach is on Friday's) etc...... too many things to list.

Bottom line is, if it's priced Right for the area it will sell~

Lesley Harris, Realtor
(562) 673-0943
Mark Artesani, Agent, Newport Beach, CA
Tue Aug 10, 2010
Hi
All good answers.

What is going to make your home really visible is to price it right , stage it right, and price the commission right.
TheRECoach, , Orange County, CA
Tue Aug 10, 2010
I have created a short video for you Scarlett, with some ideas about "unique" ways to promote a Home for Sale...Hope you find it helpful :-)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RbkthD9DseQ

Stay Blogging My Friends!

TheRECoach
Web Reference:  http://CBCoastalAlliance.com
Christine Do…, Agent, Costa Mesa, CA
Mon Aug 9, 2010
You have received some great suggestions. I would definitely talk with your agent about how it is being marketed. Make sure that it is priced properly and also look at the average length of time it takes to sell your type and price of property.
Web Reference:  http://www.donovanblatt.com
Khawar Yousaf, , Orange County, CA
Mon Aug 9, 2010
you need get some professional do there job.or visit our website to show you how your home can be visible.
Web Reference:  http://www.bcrecentury21.com
Kimo Jarrett,…, , Huntington Beach, CA
Mon Aug 9, 2010
When you hire a professional Realtor, he/she will get the job done and more importantly sell your home.
Mandi Longo, , Huntington Beach, CA
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Working with a Realtor or not, sometimes they are so busy they my not have enough time to put everything in to it. So to make sure you are getting the exposure you want. Go and look for you listing online, just type in your address and see what website it pops up on, it's the best way to see how many different websites have added your listing. No offense you you busy realtors, but it's just the facts, we all know how different Realtors work, some work their tail off and some just take as many listings as possible. So that's my advice. I am a resident of Huntington Beach, as well as a Short Sale & Foreclosure Realtor, feel free to ask me any questions, I will be very frank with you, and give you the low down if you would like. Mandi Longo 714-260-4455. If you like go to the google website, type in homes for sale in huntington beach ca, I"m at the top of the list, my website is below.
Liz Noriega, Agent, Huntington Beach, CA
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Hi Scarlett,
Thom, Ted and Ericka's answers rock! If you have your home listed with a local realtor it should have high visibility on the MLS, Realtor.com, Craigs List, Trulia, Zillow and more, just to name a few. Check with your Realtor to make sure. Also, you might want to look at some of the other agents in Huntington Beach and their way of marketing on the internet to pick up a few more ideas to ad to your marketing plan.
Good luck on the sale of your home. Now is such a great time to sell with the current lending rates!!!
Liz Noriega
(714) 501-1248
Realtor, Notary, RisMedia Top5 Producer
Top 1% 2009
Erika Johann…, Agent, Yuba City, CA
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Hello Scarlett,

I agree with Thom. If your home is listed with a company you should talk with your Realtor about how to increase visibility on your home. Here are some suggestions you might mention, Facebook, Craigslist, Twitter, Zillow and Realtor.com. Good luck.

Erika Johannsen
Real Living Great West
530-218-4328
, ,
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Are you trying to sell this on your own?

I can tell you that 80-90% of sales is happening because of the MLS. In this case you would need a REALTOR. Besides they can do many other things that will help you sell it. If not, you may want to be prepared to pay at least the buyer's agents a commission and find ways to advertise and promote you house on your own. If a buyer's agent stumbles upon the property, he/she may be willing to tell their client about the home.
Thom Colby, Agent, Irvine, CA
Mon Aug 9, 2010
Scarlett,

It looks like you have it listed with a REALTOR. I suggest you chat with her about ways to gain more exposure and market your home.

Best of luck,

Thom Colby
Broker / Owner & Certified HAFA Specialist
Thom Colby Properties
Newport Beach, CA
Moving Lives Forward (TM)
We NEVER DOUBLE-END a Transaction in our Brokerage. It is never beneficial to the Seller or to the Buyer and it is only beneficial to the Agent.
888-391-5245 Direct Cell
thom@thomcolby.com
http://www.thomcolbyproperties.com