How do I go about doing the title search and other paper work involved with selling a condo.?

Asked by Bencan2, 33009 Wed Jul 25, 2012

I have a buyer willing to pay cash.

Answers

5
Brett Gladst…, , San Francisco, CA
Tue Jul 31, 2012
In California, where I have practiced law for 28 years, a title search is done by professionals at a title insurance company. At the close of escrow, it issues title insurance to the buyer and its lender. If it searched poorly, and you are damaged, you may make a claim against the title insurance company through your insurance. Generally, lawyers do no searches. Of course, title insurance, like all insurance, has a cost. But I have never heard a buyer object to the cost given the great benefit.
John Bennett, Agent, Orlando, FL
Wed Jul 25, 2012
The first step in going a title search is getting a law degree, then getting admitted to the Florida Bar.
This should take 7 to 8 years.
Then you will need some experiece working for a firm that does title work.
You should be ready to go in 10 years, maybe 9 if you are really sharp.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Wed Jul 25, 2012
I'm speechless.
Don't do it. This could be the savings that will cost you big time.

Big G "Title Company, 33009"
Bruno Girard…, Agent, Aventura, FL
Wed Jul 25, 2012
I suggest that you hire a professional real estate agent or broker associate like my self for the job of selling your unit condo. Any professional agent will be able help you for the job of selling.

At same time you can focus on what you know the best.

Good Luck
Bruno
Tim Moore, Agent, Kitty Hawk, NC
Wed Jul 25, 2012
I would not trust you or anyone not familiar with doing a title search to do one. It is not child's play and you sound like you have no clue how to do it, so don't. Hire someone. Actually your buyer should be the one to hire someone since they will have to live with the result of it and if done incorrectly it could be there problem to deal with in the future. This is one reason you should have hired a Realtor to see your condo rather than going FSBO.
I don't know where brokers and agents get off charging so damn much money for so little work? Who the hell do they think they are.? Why can't a buyer do the search him/herself and save some money, what the hell are title stamp, fee stamps and a hundred other crap things they lay on people when the buy or sell a place. They make me sick.
Flag Wed Jul 25, 2012