How do I get my start in NC real estate?

Asked by IsabelM, Charlotte, NC Thu Apr 24, 2014

I have been in HR for 8 years and would like to make a career change. I've always been interested in real estate but have been afraid of making a change. Now that I have some savings I would like to do the pre-licensing and get my new career started. I am bilingual and feel that I am ready to start up my own business. All tips, ideas, and suggestions are appreciated!

Answers

2
Rob Bilbro, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Sat May 3, 2014
Ok sounds simple but I would suggest that you go ahead and take the pre-licensing class at one of the real estate schools. I just got started and was surprised by how long it actually to get through the class, study time, the exam and then CMLS training. Once you have passed the exam talk to several companies. I found a great team to work with which as helped overcome many of the start up issues.

Holly Dede, Agent, Charlotte, NC
Tue Jun 3, 2014
Going through the pre-licensing is a good start. Once you have the license, it will be important to affiliate with a firm where you are given support and education on how to prospect for new business, find leads, convert them, handle buyers and sellers, how to work through complex transactions to get to close, etc. I was very lucky to receive hands on training on all of these things, and am so glad I chose Real Estate as a career! Please feel free to reach out to me if you would like help with anything, and BEST WISHES on your new journey!

Holly Dede
Realtor, NC&SC
704-778-8246
hollydede@kw.com