Kathy, Home Buyer in Hamilton, OH

How do I get advise on a listing price for my homes?

Asked by Kathy, Hamilton, OH Mon Oct 18, 2010

While going on line to sites like Zillow are helpful, nothing replaces the value that a good local agent can bring when determining the value of a home. Find an agent who works the area in which you live, or are looking to buy, specifically someone who tours the homes and has actually been inside most of them. That type of agent usually has excellent market knowledge and brings tremendous value to you. Good luck.

1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 20, 2010
A Comparable Market Analysis by a good listing agent would be the best way.

You can also go to HomeSellersCincinnati.com (click the link below) to get actual homes for sale and recently sold in your neighborhood. It's a good way to start.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 18, 2010
Speak with a REALTOR® and ask them for thier leadership in this area. A good agent will provide you with the comps for your area and specific neighborhood based upon the attributes of the home you have for sale. While speaking with the agent you may also inquire about staging, marketing and other related questions you may have about the home selling process. A well priced home will typically sell more quickly, so speak to an agent about what your selling goals are. I would be happy to answer any real estate questions you may have. Tim Dirr RE/MAX Preferred Group 513.201.5678
Web Reference: http://www.timdirr.com/
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Oct 18, 2010
Just what everyone else has said, hire a Realtor. You also need to take other things into consideration though and should be asking questions such as: What is the current absorption rate for your neighborhood? How do you stage your home for sale? What kind of marketing are you going to do? And who is that marketing going to be thru? How will your Realtor stay in contact and how often? What kind of resources can the Realtor bring to the table?
There is more to selling a home then just price. In today's depreciating housing market buyers are looking for the best house at the best value, is this your house?
If you'd like to sit down and talk for about an hour or so, my wife and I would be happy to meet you. Just give us a call at 513-328-0736 or 513-602-1400 and we can meet you at your convenience.
Kathy you need to talk to a Realtor® that knows your area. I do not know if you are selling in Hamilton but the Hyde Park area is very different price wise than areas just a few blocks away. You sure woun't want to price a home the same in Dayton Lane as you would on East Ave.
You ask a professional agent what has sold in your area in the last six months, what is on the market in the same area and then compare the condition of you home to those you reviewed. That should give you an idea of the value of your home.
The Realtors are all over this question, get someone who knows your area well! Hamilton is a very diverse market and our bank has had a few surprise appraisals in this area. Go local and knowledgeable. I have a few questions for you to ask to make certain your on the right track, contact me.

Trent Warner

Sr. Mortgage Planner
Union Savings Bank – Hyde Park
2691 Madison Rd.
Cincinnati, OH 45208
You should hire a Realtor that knows your market area, along with absorption rate for your area. Absorption rate is critical in today's market. The agent should also discuss Power Pricing with you. If you would like to chat more about either of these feel free to call me @ 513.310.5828 or email cheri@hewaldandriley.com
Also - be sure to check out our personal YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/hewaldandrileyteam
I agree with the other agents. We agents have the keys to the MLS, and can really show you what is selling, what is not and a range your home should sell in based on price and condition.
The best way is to interview 2-3 agents and have them give their opinions. I would be more than happy to do this. Call me at 513-290-9613 or e-mail swhitehead@huff.com
Contact a Realtor in your area that is aware of the market the trends in your area.
Homes are selling but pricing is key, so find a professional you can trust and work with them.
Good Luck