Home Selling in 11412>Question Details

Wadyem, Home Seller in Hollis, NY

How do I get a deed for a home that was purchased in 1956?

Asked by Wadyem, Hollis, NY Thu Jul 29, 2010

Deed was recorded in 1978

Help the community by answering this question:


You can go to your local County Clerk of the Court, or try the link--you can search by name or block and lot.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 29, 2010
Hi Wadyem, If your deed was recorded with the city registrars office-you can get a copy in a few minutes by going onto NYC.gov Acris records either by block and lot ,or by address. If you have a problem give me a call Terry K 718-614-3167 cell or email me therese.korahais@elliman.com.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 29, 2010
Hi Waydem

Terry is correct. You should be able to get it online at the website she mentioned. But I am a little curious! I see your selling your home. Do you have an attorney working with you? Your attorney should be able to get a copy for you or from the title company. Some additional information from you would be helpful so that we can give you a complete answer if there are any other problems let us know. We can help.

Allen Bauman
Century21 Yve
Licensed R.E. Agent
NYS Certified Residential Appraiser
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 29, 2010
County assessors site to view a copy.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 29, 2010
How do you get a copy.

The original stays in the registrar's office, and you don't need it to sell or otherwise transfer title - you would have a new deed drawn up for that.

But if you want a copy, Anna & Terry have told you how to do that.

Hope this helps,
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Jul 29, 2010
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer