Bill Gunning, Other/Just Looking in Palatine, IL

How do I find the number of bedrooms of Recently Sold Homes?

Asked by Bill Gunning, Palatine, IL Thu Aug 19, 2010

Dayle Lively’s answer
Hi Bill,

In the past 6 months, 220 homes have sold in Glenview. The prices ranged from $129,000-$2,990,000. The bedroom count ranged from 2 to 6 above grade--a few had additional bedrooms on the basement level. The median list price was $532,499; the median selling price was $495,000. The highest priced home with fewer than 4 bedrooms sold for $673,000. As you can see, there's a very broad range in the Glenview market. The number of bedrooms is only one element considered in determining the value of a property. Lot size, location, level of renovation or quality of new construction, as well as any other special amenities drive the price. In general, though, most buyers would limit the amount they'd spend on a home with fewer than 4 bedrooms. If they buy a house on a large enough lot to expand the home with additional bedrooms or other living areas, then they would factor those costs into what they'd be willing to pay for the property.

Are you trying to determine a list price for your home? If so, I'd be glad to do a market evaluation for you and discuss all the pertinent factors involved in the selling process.

Dayle Lively

1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Aug 19, 2010
Hi Bill, something went wrong and my answer ended up in the wrong post.... so here it is again.... Sorry about that...

Edith Karoline,...
Hi Bill Gunning,
This is quite an interesting question, except hard to answer as I am not sure what your interest in the answer is at the end. You say that you are just looking, and you show your location as Palatine. I want to assume (and correct me if I am wrong...) that you are currently living in Palatine and looking to buy property in Glenview, but you want to make sure that you buy the correct number of bedrooms for a future resale. Am I correct?

So if you want to get back to me to let me know why you are looking to get the a.m. information I will gladly provide you with the detailed stats available!

I am a Realtor working out of Glenview and I know Glenview very very well and I have been working with many
buyers and as a general information I can tell you at this time that a 4 bedroom home with 2 1/2 or more baths and a basement or a 1st floor family room is a good home size for families in Glenview.... but understand this is a general information, as price ranges, sizes of homes, ages of homes, floor plans and styles of home are as varied as possible in Glenview, there are many many much larger and more expensive homes as there are many
3 bedroom homes in Glenview as well....

So if you want a truly well informed answer to your question you may want to contact me and give me the background for your question, so that I can tailor the answer to your actual needs.... I would be glad to give you the
information you need at this time. No pressure, just useful information.

I can provide your with homes that have recently sold, as well as with homes currently on the market, which should give you a good insight into the Glenview market.

Hope to hear from you and good luck with your decisions.

Sincerely yours,
Working always in the very BEST interest of her clients!
Hi Bill, I think you posted your question twice, I answered on the other post....
Good Luck, love to hear from you.
Edith YourRealtor4Life
Hi Bill,
I would contact a local Realtor and they should be able to help you.