How do I find the best realtor in my area (ware ma)?

Asked by Sheila, Leicester, MA Wed Mar 2, 2011

Answers

10
Dawn Szczygi…, Agent, Shrewsbury, MA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
Easy! Call me! 508 330 7344

I grew up in Ware and know the town well. I am a full-time agent with over 20 transactions YTD!
I'd love to help you find a home! Looking forward to meeting you.

Dawn
Deborah Desc…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Fri Mar 4, 2011
Hi Sheila! I see you're from Leicester? So unless you have family and/or friends who live in the area, it would be hard to ask people you know for referrals. I think it's important for the agent you choose to be familiar with the town they're working in. It's very hard to put a value on a property if you haven't personally looked at most if not all, of the properties that have sold recently and the properties you'd be competing with. Make sure the agent you choose is a full-time agent. And you may want to ask for referrals as well. I wish you all the best in your search for the right Realtor, and if you'd like to interview me (I actually Live in Ware and do a lot of business in town), it would be my pleasure to make that convenient for you. Again, Best of Luck. Call or write if I can assist!
Christine Mo…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Thu Mar 3, 2011
Our Wilbraham office has a big market share in ware and palmer. A lot of our agents live out that way. I can give you a price estimate for your home to see if it is a good idea to sell for you in this market and refer you to the top producer for the area.
Karen Ann Ma…, Agent, Westport, MA
Wed Mar 2, 2011
I agree with Elizabeth an agent from your area who has at least 5 years experience is important. Also you may want to consider if they work full time as an agent or just part time. Part time agents may have less experience even if they have been in the business over 5 years and a part time agent may not be available when needed to help you with showings, inspections, questions etc.
Angela Manci…, Agent, Wilbraham, MA
Wed Mar 2, 2011
Attend a few open houses in your area to meet agents first hand and watch them work in the field. Its a great way to see how they represent their sellers in the public venue. Are they friendly, engaging,informative and interested in the house their representing, if not, move on... Internet sites are also a great way to compile a list of agents to interview, I'd try to narrow down possible listing agents to 3/4 to interview. Before choosing my 3/4, I'd thoroughly review websites for local realtors and be particularly looking at each realtors experience, dedication and most importantly their internet presence. Are their listings on realtor.com, homes.com, zillow, trulia, and other important sites? What about their photos, are they representing the seller in the best possible light? Notice things like: are the shades up and curtains open, are the rooms staged or cluttered, is the kitchen clean and free of distracting items are there animals, humans in the photos. The photos should be professional and show the property & amenities, NOT an unmade bed, a toilet, or a closed curtain. Now your probably getting ready to narrow it down to a couple of qualified, professional realtors. Last test for sense of urgency in your listing agent is to throw an email out to each and see how quickly they respond to your email. Those items should help you determine somesones style of marketing, work mode and their sense of urgency . Good luck!
Michael Giles, Agent, Beverly, MA
Wed Mar 2, 2011
http;//www.activerain.com is a real estate blog community. If you go there and search your town or zip code you will be able to get an idea of who is active and how they work. before you start the interviews. Good Luck!
Heath Coker, Agent, Falmouth, MA
Wed Mar 2, 2011
Best Broker or Agent?
Seller/Lister? Buyer rep? Reputation inside the business? ...?

Best is the one with:
The most experience in what you are trying to accomplish (buy or sell);
In the price point you are in;
In the area you are in;
THAT YOU LIKE.
And preferrably, who has/have a good reputation on the business side - re: works well with others.

Not all agents/brokers are good negotiators. Some "always" have difficult deals. Some have a different reputation on the business side than the one they display on the client side. There are brokers/agents that I am aware of who are very hard to co-broke with. There are others who are professional and who make putting a deal together much more pleasant and successful. Experience is key.
Amy Mateus, Agent, Ludlow, MA
Wed Mar 2, 2011
You should check with your family and friends to see if they have any recommendations on a Realtor you could hire or as stated in the answers below you can search for a Realtor in your area throgh multiple sites. I would recommend using Realtor.com as your starting point. Also, pick out at least 3 agents and interview them all. You should choose whomever you feel you have the best connection with and who you feel will get the job done in an efficient and professional manner. It is also imprtant to feel comfortable with this Realtor as you will be spending a good amount of time with this person and, if all goes well, will be nurturing a relationship that will last for many years. I would also be honored to interview for this opportunity.
Web Reference:  http://gracegrouprealty.com/
Masha Sender…, Agent, Newton, MA
Wed Mar 2, 2011
"Best" is a very subjective notion. I would recommend interviewing every agent within a 5-10 mile radius. You can start by searching for homes in your zip code on Zillow and you will see advertising agents on the right hand side. Search for nearby zip codes as well. Contact 3-4 agents and interview them.
I'd be happy to interview as well. You should pick an agent you're most comfortable with and who you think will represent you best.
Web Reference:  http://mymarket411.com
Heidi Zizza, Agent, Framingham, MA
Wed Mar 2, 2011
Interview local agents and google them to see how active they are