How do I find out what comps have sold for in the last year?

Asked by Linda Phillips, Montrose, WV Thu Mar 12, 2009

I would like to know how to find out what comparable houses have sold for in the area without asking a real estate agent since I am selling my house to my renter and a realtor is not involved. Thanks for any help I receive.

Help the community by answering this question:

+ web reference
Web reference:


Pam Myers, Agent, Bridgeport, WV
Mon Mar 30, 2009
You may be able to go to the Courthouse and see what has recently sold in your area. They usually are really good about helping you out. I am a Realtor and one from your area may do a comparitive market value for you at a minimal charge or out of the goodness of their heart. If you talk to a Realtor go to the most successful one they will be more on top of what is going on. We service our communities in more ways than just listing & selling homes, just ask. Good Luck!
0 votes
Chris Suarez…, Mortgage Broker Or Lender, Spring Hill, FL
Thu Mar 12, 2009
You can always ask a Realtor to give you a CMA...Comparable Market Analysis. I know you don't want to deal with one trying to sell the house. Maybe (not sure) they do for a small fee. If not, then try an Appraiser. There would probably be a small fee. This would be your best bet though.

Just my opinion.
Chris Suarez
Web Reference:
0 votes
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Home Selling in Clarksburg Zip Codes

Email me when…

Learn more