How do I find out the property owner of a house?

Asked by djash01, 89117 Mon Sep 16, 2013

I was wondering if any realtor would be willing to do me a favor and tell me the owner of the house. We are moving into a rental property and would like to find the owner details before we move in. The property manager does not give any details.

Answers

66
Jessica Bate…, Agent, Beverly Hills, CA
Wed Feb 8, 2017
Contact your local Assessor and Property Tax Records office and give them the address. You can also google the address, sometimes you can see the owner in one of the results.
Looking for the owner of a property 2115 n benson hobbs nm
Flag Wed Aug 16, 2017
contacting the assesors office is useless i tried and they refused to give me any information because "They didn't know what i was gonna use it for" I have a 3/60 notice and I'm getting nowhere with the manager thats why i was hoping to contact the owner.
Flag Mon May 1, 2017
I'm trying to find out the owner name and number of this address I think the house may be for rent 1682 McDow rock hill sc
Flag Sat Apr 1, 2017
Do an online search at your local county's Recorder's Office. You can do the search yourself. It's not rocket science.
Flag Tue Mar 14, 2017
Nick Santa A…, Home Buyer, Santa Ana, CA
Tue Nov 4, 2014
You can find out the owner name, mortgage history, tax and even possible lien of his house for free. Go to http://www.searchq.com and enter the property address to download a free property report.
Thanks but I tried and didn't get the owner's name and that's all I wanted. Thanks anyway!
Flag Sun Apr 23, 2017
While there are a number of sites that promise to offer you the ownership records for free, they mostly likely have a fee. Your best bet would be to work with a title company to get a comprehensive report regarding the ownership history of the property you wish to buy. You can find a list of title companies here: http://titlecompanies.net
Flag Fri Jan 27, 2017
This site does not give the ownership of the address. It only generates an analysis of the area with a lot of statistics. NOT HELPFUL TO FIND OUT OWNERSHIP.
Flag Mon Jan 16, 2017
You can find out if the house has lien on the title or not. On the free report, if the indicator turns green, there is lien.
Flag Mon Oct 3, 2016
Not true! The information in the free report is virtually useless. If you want useful details, you'll be charged $30.00
Flag Tue Aug 30, 2016
it is not free
Flag Wed Aug 17, 2016
not true its not free. when you get to the end they want your credit card to process it. I tried it.
Flag Fri Aug 5, 2016
The free report is an overview of title such as ownership, lien, tax and mortgage information. If you need to see the detail, you have to pay about $30 to get the comprehensive report and copy of the deeds.
Flag Wed Jul 13, 2016
That's no free report! It tells you all the stuff if found and you pay for it. Rip off.
Flag Mon Jun 20, 2016
Nope, this is a lie, there is no free report there. Just a report on the info you can get once you pay for it.
Flag Thu Jun 9, 2016
All I got was demographics of the local City--Could not open the "Free: Owner information
Flag Sun May 29, 2016
6149 sw 15ct north lauderale florida 33068
Flag Wed Apr 27, 2016
Ah, no. The query was to determine who owned the house, which the free report does not do, I checked. You can, however, pay 29.95 for the right to see the name of the owner. Suggest you get the story straight.
Flag Mon Apr 11, 2016
yeh not free at all
Flag Sun Mar 20, 2016
It says it's free but it's absolutely not!
Flag Mon Mar 7, 2016
yeah I tried all these sites and they all want money!!!! Not FREE
Flag Sun Dec 27, 2015
I have done a couple title search package (mortgage, liens, tax and ownership history & encumbrance report) at http://www.nextace.com recently. The website seems meeting my expectations. I only paid 49 bucks for a preliminary title report.
Flag Mon Dec 14, 2015
You can check http://www.nextace.com then search for the property. If they have the data, you can buy a property report for around $30 that should have everything you need for your title search.
Flag Mon Dec 14, 2015
it is NOT free. just another site to exploit people.
Flag Sun Nov 15, 2015
the free report gives you no data about the owner name
Flag Wed Apr 22, 2015
Nina Daruwal…, Agent, Cupertino, CA
Mon Sep 16, 2013
Hello Djash01,

The Owner has hired the Property Manager for a reason.......personal privacy, and management of the property without being personally involved......you can ask all your questions and concerns to the property manager, and have them clear those for you...
Yes, I can find out the owners details, and perhaps even where they currently live....
Be well and safe and all the best,
Nina Daruwalla
BRE#01712223
Web Reference:  http://www.ninadaruwalla.com
Hi I'm having problem's with the property manager can you help me find the Ower of the house at 94 Roma ave Buffalo NY 14215 can you email me adriannamoore31@gmail
Flag Mon Aug 14, 2017
Can you find one for me ?
Flag Tue Jan 17, 2017
also this is Mission beach Ca not Fremont as it states below...
Flag Thu Jul 14, 2016
Yes but I personally live in a vacation beach community and sadly the beautiful home next to me is getting ruined I mean the kids are jumping off grooves, puke human feces in the side yard.They sleep on top of the roof they have broken windows and they have about 18 living in the house. The property managers WON'T tell an owner a problem as they are afraid of losing their 20% commission or it is in this case. I have reported them company, called the police all because I am truly sorry for my neighbors and the company will fix it up and somehow charge the owners ..I own properties and this is why I stopped with the management companies here..It's so frustrating as they are going to have a lawsuit with all the underage drinking etc...
Flag Thu Jul 14, 2016
power.jo, Home Buyer,
Thu Jan 19, 2017
GO TO: property shark.com

You will get a lot of info including property owner and even the DEED and all loans etc... and it is really FREE
Home Searcher, Home Buyer, Las Vegas, NV
Wed Jul 13, 2016
I have used http://www.nextace.com to look up for the homeowner. It wasn't free as http://www.searchq.com but $30 for a property report wasn't too bad.
Web Reference:  http://www.nextace.com
You can also check County Assessor for the tax record. The owner usually the one who paying property tax.
Flag Wed Jul 13, 2016
Pacita Dimac…, Agent, Oakland, CA
Mon Sep 16, 2013
First, are you sure you are dealing with a property manager -- and did you actually go to the property management office? Or are you dealing with someone you met online? Some unscrupulous people hijack listings and post them as their own. Then they claim they are out of the country, and ask that you wire your deposit and payment via Western Union. Be careful!

As for finding out who the owner is, You can always go to county records and search there. Just know that some properties may be in the name of a trust, which can be anything --- a fictitious name representing one or more individual owners, etc.

power.jo, Home Buyer,
Thu Jan 19, 2017
Go to: propertyshark.com

You will get a lot of info for FREE. The other sites say that it is for free, but you end up paying around 30.00 for the same info you get in this site

Rchapman, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sun May 1, 2016
You can find out who lives there or the owner and historical past residents here for free.
http://www.whitepages.com/
Bodayshis, Home Owner, Washington, DC
Sat Sep 16, 2017
Call or visit the local courthouse office of land records. Go online to the county's website and check the real estate tax records. Or, call them.
Sweetandrea1…, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Wed Sep 13, 2017
could u find owner of property
Wpeacock658, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sat Sep 2, 2017
Looking for the owner of 60 James Street, Mareeba Qld
Headharris63, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sat Sep 2, 2017
3426 clarke blvd, Shreveport la,
Boundstina59, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Tue Aug 22, 2017
I would like to know who own the house on homer ave in Kansas City Kansas its entry I would like to see if the owner wants to rent it or rent to own so how do I find out plz the address is 1213 or 1215 or1221 thank you tina
Andrey Sokur…, Agent, Minneapolis, MN
Fri Aug 18, 2017
I got few for you. dallascad .org/SearchAddr.aspx and polkpa.org /CamaDisplay.aspx these may help you.
Cobey.rubbo, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed Aug 16, 2017
I received one free property report from propertyshark.com
Cobey.rubbo, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed Aug 16, 2017
Propertyshark.com gave me one free report.
Parksof9bv, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Wed Aug 16, 2017
Looking for the owner 2115 n benson hobbs nm
Crystaldne43…, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sun Aug 13, 2017
how do I find out about a empty house with only a address in Ocala, fl
Jimmoninger, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Mon Aug 7, 2017
660 parsons lane, harrodsdburg,ky
Rebeccawalco…, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Wed Jul 26, 2017
Who owns this property at 196 Ridge rd. Trion Ga 30753
Bgoodwin, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Thu Jul 20, 2017
In California, the best way to find a property owner is to use PARCEL VIEWER https://parcelviewer.mapport.com/ . Determine which county the property you are interested in resides, then select the corresponding map. Then simply use the map to find the desired property and click on it. Property ownership info, last assessed values, and other data will appear on the right side of your screen.
Maduneha10, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Thu Jun 29, 2017
I want know house owner name by house number. plz help me.
Wwinkel, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Tue Jun 6, 2017
how the property own of 705 marshall st manitowoc
Steven.wiley, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Thu Jun 1, 2017
owner of 5940 West 29th Ave. Gary, IN. 46406
Tabithastacy, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Thu Jun 1, 2017
One of the issues I have heard of is someone "rents" from the property owner, and then re rents it out at a higher price to an unsuspecting person. Someone I know found out the hard way, and they are being evicted for it.
Deshmukhsanj…, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Mon May 15, 2017
VASANTRAO DESHMUKH NAME OF OWNER
Primproper42…, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Fri Apr 21, 2017
How do you obtain the infomation of and home owner to contact the home
Jmchammond, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Thu Apr 13, 2017
Check with your County Recorders Office.
Claire, Home Buyer, Philadelphia, PA
Mon Feb 20, 2017
In Philadelphia we have: http://property.phila.gov/
There must be a site similar in your town.
Greentekfirst, Both Buyer And Seller, Dover, DE
Thu Feb 16, 2017
To find out the title owner of a property you would need to pull the most current vesting deed to the property. This document reflects how title is held and any parties of interest listed as owner(s). Many county recorder's offices index property records under the individual or entity named on title for the property, land and real estate. The most efficient way to access these records are online through a title plant. I.E. US Title Records https://www.ustitlerecords.com
Kenny Murphy, Renter, New York, NY
Fri Jan 27, 2017
Hello is was trying to find the owner of this address 15884 prevost Detroit MI 48227
Thu Nov 17, 2016
To look up and find the owner of a property, you need to use a title search by address service. It is very arduous and difficult to find these records searching county records and indexes that are recorded on microfilm in county records. With today's advanced technology, records are indexed online in title plants and databases accessed and referenced by muiniciple street address, parcel number and lot and block. Some of the more prominent online title search companies are able to perform a search by address, APN, owner name or lot and block to obtain results within seconds. You might check with US TITLE RECORDS - https://www.ustitlerecords.com or a similar website for these types of services.
Evonycooper7, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sat Oct 22, 2016
Creative analysis ! Speaking of which , if someone has been looking for a PA Realtors Rental App for Tenants , my business partner edited a blank version here https://goo.gl/6csmu0.
Moniquemansf…, Both Buyer And Seller, New York, NY
Thu Oct 20, 2016
204 W Rountree Rd in Quitman Ga
Christine.w…, Other Pro, Fort Myers, FL
Thu Oct 20, 2016
You can ask you realtor or you can do it by yourself. First contact the county tax assessor. Someone is paying tax on property. In most cases, if you know the street address of the vacancy, you can search the county database that way. You may also consult other public records such as property deeds.

However, there are simpler way to find out your landlord. You can talk to the neighborhoods. Or you might send a postcard to the property's address. This is an way to introduce yourself and make your intentions known.
Valley1susie, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Tue Oct 18, 2016
owner and sell of property at 256 Lancaster Ave Staunton, Va 24401
Shuckyourstu…, Home Buyer, Dallas, TX
Fri Aug 26, 2016
you go to your local county tax assessor office, i found a number for los angeles county and had the property owner information within 5 minutes and for free, minus time to make call.....
los angeles county information i found.....
The purpose of subscribing to the Assessor's online database is to be able to access the information from your own computer at your convenience. However, please note that obtaining this property information is free of charge either by visiting any of our Assessor regional offices, where you may use our PDB terminals, or you may call us at 213-974-3363 to obtain property ownership information directly by phone.
Or you may also call our Public Counter at 213-974-2111 (or toll-free, 888-807-2111). When prompted, press 1 (English) or 2 (Spanish). Then press 3 for the Assessor. Or you may call Property Data Sales (see below).
Kratzkekeith7, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Mon Aug 8, 2016
who owns the property at 1014 4th ave se. rochester,minn?
Cmschneider5, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Mon Aug 8, 2016
HOW DO I FIND OWNE'S NAME AND RENTER BY ADDRESS?
Marie Jenkins, Renter, Riverdale, IL
Thu Jul 28, 2016
I need help to find the new owner of this house 13931 s Wentworth Ave
Jramsoomair, Home Buyer, Easton, PA
Fri Jul 22, 2016
Hi I would like to know who owns the garage space next to 1136 pine street Easton pa 18042
Claricegray74, Home Buyer, Memphis, TN
Fri Jul 8, 2016
I wood like 2 no who own this house own bluffwood cove memphis tn 38128
Tvideo, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Fri Jul 1, 2016
who owns 22 lowry way euharlee, ga 30145
Spotlesswind…, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Thu Jun 30, 2016
visit the property appraiser in your county. In my case: http://www.pa.marion.fl.us/ and do a property search.
Amedianow, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Tue Jun 21, 2016
Just go to the website of Property Assessor's Office for that country and type in the address (usually city and state not necessary). Tells you the buyer of the house (not necessarily owner) and lots of financials.
Carolyn Cord…, Home Buyer, New York, NY
Thu Jun 16, 2016
Who owns a property at 2618 roman way garland Tx 75040
Loly0920, Home Buyer,
Fri Jun 10, 2016
I need owners name and phone number 17089 w Alan black Blvd loxahatchee
Englanddawn2, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Mon May 16, 2016
I need the owners name of property 4809 leslie drive, del city, oklahoma
Dgdr.angie, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Wed May 11, 2016
Go to your county auditor website, (I just googled: Allen county property search, for myself) you should be able to search by name, address or parcel number. Also no charge as these are public records...hope this helps!
K-brown23, Home Buyer, Fremont, CA
Sun Apr 17, 2016
who owns 8144 s Clyde chicago, illinois 60617
1 2