How do I find comparables to the home I am trying to sell?

Asked by Lisa Ritchie, Carlisle, PA Tue Nov 1, 2011

Answers

13
Bill Eckler’s answer
Bill Eckler, Agent, Venice, FL
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Lisa,

This is one of the many services provided by a licensed real estate professional. Contact a local RE agent.

You can also find this information via http://www.zillow.com. The site is easy to use and the information comes directly from the local tax records.

Erica Ramus,…, Agent, Pottsville, PA
Tue Nov 1, 2011
If you are selling without an agent, call a local appraiser and pay for an appraisal. That will save you tons of time.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Go to Zillow.
That website produces all kinds of numbers.
But for actionable data, you need to call a pro.
Marshall Cas…, Agent, Chattanooga, TN
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Contact an agent or get an appraisal to see the value of your home. We have contacts in your market if you need help.
Web Reference:  http://marshallhomesales.com
Tom Gilliam, Agent, Farmington Hills, MI
Tue Apr 19, 2016
It is something your local Realtor can do for you, remember it is not an appraisal but just a snap-shot of what is going on in your local community with similar properties.
mariaescobar, Home Seller, Carlisle, PA
Sun Mar 3, 2013
Trying to sell home in Carolina, Puerto Rico
Cal Williams, Agent, Camp Hill, PA
Tue Nov 1, 2011
The best thing to do is contact a local real estate agent, such as myself . I would be happy to share my knowledge of the area and I have many resources to help supply you with comps to accurately price your home.

thanks

cal williams
717-919-1614
Steve Darchi…, Agent, Carlisle, PA
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Hello Lisa.
As you can read from the other responses, contact a local Real Estate Agent (such as myself) who can provide you with a Comparable Market Analysis of your home for free. A CMA is a report on the local market and provides you with a comparison of your home to similar homes in the immediate marketing area. It will show you the features of those homes, the list price, price reduction dates, days on the market, and final sale price of the sold properties. I have a sample of one I can email you if you'd like for you to review. If after reviewing it, you'd like me to schedule an appointment with you to preview your home for a CMA, I'd be glad to do so at your convenience. There's no obligation. It's a free service we provide at George. L. Ebener & Associates.

Take care and please don't hesitate to contact me via email (sdarchicourt@comcast.net) or cell at (717) 448-2358.

Steve Darchicourt, Sales Associates
George. L. Ebener & Associates
139 W. High Street
Carlisle, PA 17013
717-448-2358
Help U Sell…, , Carlisle, PA
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Hello Lisa,

Our office represents many buyers and sellers in the Carlisle area and our agents live in Carlisle and Boiling Springs, so we can certainly assist you with a free market analysis.

The best way to determine market value is to have a Realtor perform a market analysis on your home using recent sales of similar properties, and also taking into consideration the active listings.

If you are interested in doing this on your own, the courthouse has reports on recent sales, but it is a bit tedious to go thru. I'd be happy to assist you or have one of our agents help you.
Alma Kee, Agent, Tampa, FL
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Hi Lisa,

The minimal amount you will pay for a Licensed Appraiser to give you the current market value will allow you to "shop" for the right Realtor based on their success and not their "opinion" of what your property is worth.

Ideally if you can find an appraiser that lives in the same neighborhood, she will have a "vested" interest in you selling your property for the highest value while not over-inflating the value as may happen with some Realtors who will attempt to "buy" your listing by overpromising on the expected sale price. Also some Realtors will underprice to make for a quick and easy sale so the appraisal will also protect you from this type of abuse, too.

Hope this helps.

Alma
John Loftus, , Camp Hill, PA
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Good Morning Lisa,

My name is John and I'm a listing specialist with Coldwell Banker Select Professionals. I live in Carlisle and would love to sit down with you to show you homes in the area that have sold and ones that are currently active. We'll discuss the numbers and come up with a value for your home. If you feel confident with listing it for sale, I will show you how I'll market your home for sale to the buyers looking for homes in your area/price range. There's no fee for the meeting, just a chance for us to meet and discuss your property. We can also review your wants for a new home, and I can take you to see home houses :)

Please feel free to call me directly or email at:

John Loftus, Listing Specialist
712-4747
jloftus@loftushomes.com
Coldwell Banker Select Professionals
Terry McCarl…, Agent, Cape Coral, FL
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Contact a local Realtor® and have them run a CMA for you or pay for an appraisal. You will get accurate information that way which is not always the case on websites.

Terry McCarley, Jones & Co Realty
Suzanne MacD…, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Tue Nov 1, 2011
Best place to find comparables? Contact a local realtor! They (or an appraiser, which will cost you) have the most recent figures, data and facts. There are other websites that claim to be able to do this, but their information is probably 6 months old and in this market that can make the difference between a sale and sitting on the market for months on end chasing a downward trend.