Jess, I had a great track record with selling my listings in 2008. Most of them were on the market less than 60 days, which is far below the averages in Oakland County. Here are some of the things that I do for my clients:
1. Take at least 25 good photos of the home. Often more. Post them the day I put it in the mls.
2. Create a virtual tour the day it goes in the MLS.
3. Distribute to more than 1,000 web sites.
4. Feature it on Trulia.
5. Enhance it on Realtor.com
6. create a Vflyer.
7. Email it to all the active agents in that and surrounding cities.
8. Reverse prospect.
9. Create a URL that I use all over the place ( http://731bates.mibirmingham.com
10. Help the seller come up with the right price from the start.
I do much more but 10 is one of the most important things I do.
Interview a couple of agents and find one you think will perform the best for you. If you need help finding someone, let me know.
Best of luck!