Ritawinnicker, Home Buyer in Union, NJ

How do I choose a realtor to list my house?

Asked by Ritawinnicker, Union, NJ Sun Nov 17, 2013

Answers

22
Moretti Team, Agent, South Plainfield, NJ
Wed Dec 11, 2013
Dear Rita,
Since we have not heard from you, we are assuming this public forum is not working for you. Please supply a personal email address so we can have very specific discussions about your real estate needs. I can be reched at Toni@MorettiTeam.com.
Maybe the forum has worked, and she selected someone else - or not! When you spend more time here, on Trulia's Q&A section, you will learn that it is not unusual for consumers to post a question, and never return with an update or follow up comment.
Have a nice holiday.
Flag Wed Dec 11, 2013
Jeanne Feeni…, Agent, Basking Ridge, NJ
Wed Dec 11, 2013
Interview several before making your decision. Ask for - and expect - specific info on achieve results by the agent and also a specific marketing plan for getting your home sold. Be wary of agents that lack experience - and disguise that under impressive office results. In the end, it is the agent on the job, not the office, that will get the job done for you. Choose wisely.

Good luck and best,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
Web Reference:  http://www.feenickhomes.com
Hi Jeanne! Hope all is well with you...............and wishing you a very happy holiday season!!
Flag Wed Dec 11, 2013
Fri Dec 6, 2013
Dear Rita,
The Moretti Team previously posted an answer to this question; however, we have not heard back from you.
We would be happy to assist you with the sale of your home. The two most important aspects of selling our client's homes is marketing and negotiations. Those two aspects helps Realtors bring the highest and best offers to our sellers. Feel free to give us a call at 908-912-5298 or send me an email at Toni@MorettiTeam.com. We will be happy to give you a complimentary market analysis. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Kyle Kovats, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Wed Dec 4, 2013
My recommendation would be to find a realtor that truly adds value to the transaction.

Just for example, my value includes that I am a professionally certified home stager. Home stagers with my designation (ASP) see 95% of our homes sell in 11 days or less and for 17% more than non-staged homes.

I also pride myself in being an extremely active agent and active marketer. You don't just want an agent who will throw your home on the MLS sit back and hope for the best. You want an agent who's out there making things happen. In other words you want a full-time agent, which is the reason I have an open door policy for all of my clients. At any time, my clients are free to pop into my office and check on me to make sure that I am doing what I say.

Last but not least, look for an agent who is going to be a one-stop-shop for you. What I mean by this is be sure that they have a ton of referrals for you when you're making your move (mortgage brokers, home inspectors, attorneys, moving companies, etc.)

If you have any questions feel free to give me a call. I'd love the opportunity to interview for the job of selling your home.

Kyle Kovats
201-403-1314
KyleKovats@Gmail.com
Mon Nov 25, 2013
Dear Rita Winnicker,
The Moretti Team will be happy to guide you with regard to the sale of your home. I have to assuming from the inforamtion Trulia supplied that you are in Union County and potentially living in the Westfield area. We are very familar with Union, Somerset and Middleesx Counties. Please contact us as we do not have your personal contact information available. We can be reached at (908) 912-5298/work, (908) 419-0266/cell or via email at Toni@MorettiTeam.com. The Moretti Team will create a market analysis and a marketing plan that is specifically suited to your property. We will also eduate you on the current marketplace as it is ever-changing. Thank you for posing your question on Trulia and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
Hector De La…, Agent, Morris Township, NJ
Mon Nov 25, 2013
Hi Rita,
I understand you want to sell your home, well right now it’s a great time. I am license in two states New York and New Jersey so I have a lot of contacts, Investors and buyers.In New Jersey I work for Churchill Corporate Services who specializes in relocation, so I deal with fortune 100, fortune 1000, relocation companies, international clients, and insurance companies who ask me to help them find homes to rent or buy. We have a great program for home owners and if you are interested in moving forward, please provide me with the best number and time to call. I look forward hearing from you
Thank You,

Hector De La Cruz
Realtor Associate NY and NJ
Nest Seekers INTERNATIONAL
Manhattan • LIC • Brooklyn • Miami • Hamptons • International
415 Madison Avenue
Ny, Ny 10017
O + 212.252.8772
C + 973.986.3903
F + 212.252.9347
Robin Azcarr…, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Tue Nov 19, 2013
Hi...you definitely need a full time realtor, and one that is familiar with your area. You also need a realtor with a sense of humor, and a willing to go the extra mile for you. You work as a team with your realtor from day one.

Truthfully, many agents are great but you need to click personality wise as you will spend quite a bit of time with them.

Best of luck and if I can help, please let me know.

Robin Azcarraga
Prudential NJ Properties
Westfield Office
908-305-7808
Lisa Kulback, Agent, Summit, NJ
Tue Nov 19, 2013
First and foremost you want to have a good connection with the agent you choose. Ask friends and neighbors if they have had a good experience with someone, then interview. Take a look at the pictures they have taken on other listings. Most buyers start on the internet so good pictures are very important. It doesn't matter how long someone has been in the business. You want someone that is up to date on the technology, marketing strategies and has a VERY GOOD knowledge of your market place. A good agent should know the schools, local parks, local pools, day care options and other amenities your town offers off the top of their head. Quite often we are not only selling the house we are also selling the town.

Mon Nov 18, 2013
Edith Miller…, Agent, Summit, NJ
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Call ME! 917.991.9225 RE/MAX is an INTERNATIONAL Company!!
http://www.eangelo.remax-nj.com
http://www.facebook.com/Edith.ReMax
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Rita,
The community of real estate professional is national.
It IS possbile for an agent in Idaho to know a top notch agent in NJ. It is further possible that the Idaho agent CAN and WILL hold the NJ agent responsible for getting you into a home on time, under budget and without the drama. A referral from IDAHO is better than waking into an open house where there will be NO ACCOUNTABILITY!
-
Around FIVE (5) NJ agents had the forethought to make their telephone number easily accessible.
1.Set an appointment with the ones that answer their phone. (this is important)
2. Work with the one who will prevent you from harming yourself. A buyer, for instance, would state, the intent to use CHASE as their bank and only have a 3% downpayment and will need seller assistance. (Note: Chase leaves more buyers at the alter than any other bank, Wells is runner up)
The agent who remains sllent should be kicked to the curb.
The agent who recommends Chase, Bank of America or Wells Fargo should be kicked to the curb.
The agent who explains the harm this strategy will have on the value of a buyers purchase offer, and suggests a better altrernative is the one to consider seriously. (this is beneficial information for a seller also.)
-
As a seller you have different concerns but should expect the same courage to protect you.
1. Has the value of your home been adjusted by the agent to be reflective of the homes REAL condition.
2. Will the agent be present for critical times such as showing, inspections, and appriasal. If they are not their, they can not protect you.
3. Did the agent point out flaws in your home that will be an issue impacting the value or have they remained silent because their marketing strategy is to continuously reduce the price..
4 Does the agent have a single dimension marketing plan that is summed up in "REDUCE THE PRICE" or do they address all five markets?
-
To often, a homeowner will insist on placing their home on the market 30% (TampaBay stats) above the price for which it will sell. Will the agent allow you to do this?

If the agent lacks the COURAGE to protect you from harming yourself, they will not protect you.

Best of success.
Matthew Depp, , New Jersey
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Good Morning-

I suggest speaking with The Weiniger Real Estate Group. They have decades of experience & real estate knowledge that should make listing your home for sale a pleasant & successful endeavor.

Best of Luck-

Judith Weiniger, Broker Salesperson
RE/MAX Premier, 60 Mountain Blvd, Warren, NJ 07059
908-295-3913 cell 908-754-1500 office
Eileen Passa…, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Find an agent who has listed and sold homes in and around Union. You have to interview a few agents to find the one that most meets your needs and wants. Go with a good company that does a lot of business. It does make a difference. Exposure to your home is key. So many clients are going on the internet to view homes before they ever make an appointment to see it. Having a floor plan, virtual tour and a quality brochure is a must.

The most important thing is to be comfortable with the agent you choose.

Just because someone has not been in the business a long time, does not mean that they won't do a good job for you. I do believe that a full time agent is much more important.

I don't always answer my phone. If I am with a customer, I let it go to voice mail. I think it is rude when agents answer phones when they are with customers.

You can also go online to see if the agent you decide to use has a website and it is current.

Please feel free to view my personal one.
http://www.EileenPassananti.net

Good luck to you. Hope you have success!
Margaret Has…, Agent, Tampa, FL
Mon Nov 18, 2013
In choosing a Realtor to list your home, you should choose someone who has been in the business for a long time, knows your area well and gets along well with others. Experience is a key factor as many situations can arise during the contract period. It helps to have an experienced Realtor who knows how to handle all situations to avoid disputes. Knowing your area well is also very important in pricing the home correctly. If priced incorrectly, the home may sit on the market for an extended period of time which causes it to lose "perceived value" in the eyes of buyers. Being able to get along well others (and other Realtors) is very important. You don't want egos to play any part in the sale of your home.

Margaret Hassani
Broker, Lightning Realty
Innovation and Experience
(813) 766-1501
Fax (813) 443-0118
zzmarg@gmail.com

http://www.LightningRealtyFL.com
Tressa "TERI"…, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Hi Rira,
Lors of good advice here. I would add that selling a home is intensely personal and you'll want someone whom ;you "connect with", someone who "gets" you. The most successful Realtors are those who listen well, communicate often and clearly, and relieve their sellers of the details that ensure a smooth transaction.

Please feel free to reach out if you wish more info.

Teri Malone, Weichert
Westfield-Area-Homes.com
732-423-2792
terimalone@optimum.net
Marilyn Hold…, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Rita,

I'd suggest that you select someone who is "full-time" in the business -- many Agents are "part-time" and have other, full-time jobs. Marketing your home, arranging appointments, soliciting feedback, monitoring the market and the competition -- this all needs an Agent's full-time attention.

I agree with the idea of stopping by some Sunday Open Houses to see how Agents conduct themselves -- do they greet you, offer information both about the house and the community?
Being a Realtor is a 7-day a week career -- if Agents want their weekend "off", they probably are not going to do the best job for you.

Lastly, ask about communication style -- are they going to personally respond to your calls/emails, or will this be delegated to assistants? Sometimes the 'top agent' isn't your best choice -- they may be juggling dozens of Clients (with the use of multiple assistants) -- you may want somebody with less on their plate and more time to give you personalized service.

Feel free to contact me to discuss further -- best wishes.

Marilyn Holda-Fleck
Prudential NJ Properties - Westfield Office
Cell/Text: 908-456-0779
Marilyn.Fleck@prudentialnewjersey.com
Ed Marill, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Mon Nov 18, 2013
There are several important factors to choosing the right realtor to list your home. You want someone who understands the market in your area and who has a great marketing plan. I would recommend asking your neighbors or friends who they have used. Meet with several realtors and ask them about their experience, ask for references, ask them what they think your home is worth, ask about comps in the neighborhood. Make sure you choose someone you are comfortable with and someone you can trust.
Armin Lusiny…, Agent, Short Hills, NJ
Mon Nov 18, 2013
Hi Rita,
It's a good idea to interview several Realtors to find an agent that will best help you to sell your home.

Ask to see references and call the references with additional questions. Ask what is their company's policy about canceled agreements, marketing plan, office statistics. Choose a Realtor from a large, reputable real estate office. When multiple agents work from one location, a greater number of people can spread the word about your home.

Choose an agent that represents the best combination of knowledge, experience and responsiveness and who seems to understand you and your needs. It is better to choose someone you can work well with but who may be less experienced than an experienced agent who does not have a handle on what you need and does not listen to you.

...and most importantly, don't choose an agent just because he/she promised you the best price... :)

Feel free to call or email me for more info.

Armin Lusinyants
917-626-9420
alusinyants@gmail.com
http://armin.yourkwagent.com/
Ronald Sheedy, Agent, Clark, NJ
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Rita,

I agree with Audra that you want an agent who will work full time for you from the day you sign a listing agreement until the day of closing. I would also recommend that you interview a few agents and discuss with them the process of selling a home as well as what they will do for you to sell your home in a timely manner. The relationship with your agent is very important and you need to feel comfortable that the agent you select will work to make sure the selling process is as stress free as possible.

I would like to discuss with matter with you further, so please feel free to contact me at your convenience.

Ronald Sheedy
Coldwell Banker - Robert Michael Realty
21 Brant Ave
Clark, NJ 07066
(732) 239-7452 - Cell
rdsheed@comcast.net
Audra Loccis…, Agent, Westfield, NJ
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Good evening Rita,
You definitely want an agent that is full time and that will handle your transaction from the day you sign an agreement until the closing. I've heard many complaints from sellers about not hearing from their agent once a deal is made.
If this is the first time you're selling, you want to make sure that your agent explains the process so you know what to expect.
The relationship between you and your agent is important, selling a home is huge undertaking and your agent should try to make the experience as stress free as possible.
If you would like to talk further, please feel free to contact me anytime.

Audra Loccisano
Century 21 JRS Realty
138 Westfield Ave.
Clark, NJ 07066
Cell 516-330-9824
Office- 732-396-0606
auroura828@aol.com
Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Rita -

Honestly, one thing you don't need is an agent from Ca, a stranger, looking to refer you to an agent in NJ so he can collect a referral fee.

Seriously - my company has an office in Westfield. I personally know top local agents in that office , and would be happy to get you started, or simply introduce you to the office manager.

I am not looking for a referral fee - just trying to help.

I'd offer my own services, but quite frankly, Westfield (while I am able to list and sell there) is not my area of expertise.

Debra (Debbi…, Agent, Livingston, NJ
Sun Nov 17, 2013
Hi Rita!

A recommendation from a friend is a good place to start.

If you don't know anyone who recently bought or sold a home, then why not stop in a couple of the local real estate offices in the area, and ask to speak with the manager.
Sit down and discuss what kind of agent you're looking for.
Are you more comfortable with someone who has a relaxed approach, or a more formal approach?
Obviously, you want someone with a proven track record (experience)..........someone who knows your area very well, and has successfully marketed (listed) homes there.
The manager can offer some suggestions, and you can then meet with the agents - ask for a written marketing plan, and see with whom you feel most comfortable.

Another option is to stop by any Sunday open houses in your area - and get a sense of how the agent conducts him or herself. Are they professional, yet approachable? Is the home staged in a way that enhances it (does it look decluttered, neat and clean)?
If you're comfortable online, look up the property and see how it is displayed on the internet.......good photos, or dark and unflattering? Text that gives a positive feel of the home? Are important features highlighted?

Once again....interview a few agents.......ask the right questions (re: marketing - what , where and how will it be marketed)........ask how the agent plans on staying in touch with you, and how often (right answer is - "how do you want me to stay in touch?).

Anyway, I am sure when you've met a few agents, you'll know the "right" one.

If you have any additional questions, feel free to reach out to me!

Best wishes!

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com