How do I attract excitement & get people to view my listing?

Asked by mary, Staten Island, NY Mon Sep 30, 2013

I have a fsbo listing & want people to come through the door & make offers. I'm also willing to work with agents for a fee or reasonable commission of 1-2% depending upon the sale price. The asking price is competitive within market projections between $750,000 to $850,000. Beside posting on internet sites & possibly buying an MLS listing space how can I drive people to view my property.

Answers

15
Bev West’s answer
Bev West, Agent, Greeley, CO
Mon Oct 14, 2013
It sounds like your home falls in the price range of possibly being tagged as a luxury home. If so, it takes a whole lot more marketing than just the input into your local mls. Upgraded flyers, visual tour, a lot of professional photos (photos that depict the best character of your house). A lot of buyers in that price range tend to want to work with a professional Realtor to represent them. FSBO's usually don't show up in the Realtor's criteria or their widely-used MLS.
Anna M Brocco, Agent, Williston Park, NY
Mon Sep 30, 2013
If you are asking agents such a question are you sure you are up to the task of being a for sale by owner,,,,
According to The National Association Of Realtors houses listed with a real estate agency get a significantly higher price then selling as a FSBO, much more then the commission you would be paying out.Selling on your own also involves a lot of time, patience and knowledge, Your are dealing with the banks directly, the purchaser, the appraiser and making sure the house ., both lawyers, the engineer inspector and doing all the negotiating on your own and making sure the buyer is qualified. Owners think selling a home is a piece of cake but they don't realize all that is involved when there are problems which in these days is a likely scenario. If you are selling on your own put the home on every social media site with beautiful pictures, Zillow, postlets, craigslist. Put colored flyers in nearby shopping centers, silive, Russian and Asian newspapers or websites.
Flag Mon Sep 30, 2013
Flag Mon Sep 30, 2013
Flag Mon Sep 30, 2013
Fred Herman, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Sun Mar 9, 2014
Professional marketing will result in a higher selling price.

I would estimate, maybe guess would more accurate, the average commission for residential real estate in Staten Island to be around 5%, some listings may be higher, some listings may be lower.
Each broker sets their own rates. And you're free to negotiate the best deal for yourself..

But in my opinion I don't think 1% would be considered reasonable by any professional. Shop around and find the best deal for yourself. See what marketing and services you're getting for your money.

How much you pay in commission is an important consideration. It will have a big impact on the amount you NET. And for most homeowners, the amount they net is a primary consideration.

http://www.gettingthebestprice.com/sellers.php

If you have any questions or concerns, please call, text or email me. I'm happy to help you.

Fred Herman Broker/Owner
HomeTeam Agency, Inc.
347-693-4580

Fred@GettingTheBestPrice.com
Lisa Peluso, Agent, Succasunna, NJ
Thu Jan 23, 2014
The Right Marketing and the right Price! Simple as that. Then List it with a local expert Realtor in the area that you know sells homes there. They will know the best price and the best way to market your home and they will have buyers there since its their area of expertise. Remember they will not get paid unless they your home. So they are motivated to do what it takes to get it sold. They know how much it should list for and can show you comps to prove it.. Then LISTEN to what they tell you to do. Contrary to what some sellers may think your realtor really does care about selling your home, is working for you and with you and really does know best.
Francisco Ro…, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Wed Jan 22, 2014
You can not buy a listing space only a NYS licensed agent/broker can put a home in the MLS if they are registered in that MLS. The best way to get exposure is to list it with an agent/broker. Visit our page at Homesiterealty.net and my name is Francisco
Web Reference:  http://Homesiterealty.net
Leslie Ann W…, Agent,
Tue Nov 26, 2013
You cannot buy an Mls listing. I wonder if you are aware of how much time and energy and real money is spent promoting a property. The best way to drive qualified buyers to your property is through a professional who can reach all of the agents who also have the buyers. Working with a professional is worth every penny when you factorin all of the work that theydo . Also youu should realize that commissions are very often split between more than one person and people aren't making as much as you think. Percentages go to the broker and to the selling agent as well as tin the listing agent
Ed Marill, Agent, Manhattan Beach, CA
Tue Oct 1, 2013
This is what realtors do. It's our job to market homes to the right buyers to get you an offer. I suggest calling some of your local realtors and finding one that is right for you.
Deborah Brac…, Agent, STATEN ISLAND, NY
Tue Oct 1, 2013
List your home with a licensed real estate professional and you will get the most exposure and marketing possible. I would be happy to help you.....
Demi Rasul, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Hi Mary, be sure that you are thinking like a buyer when you write your ads and are seeking shoppers. Its a common mistake for sellers/agents to keep the owner in mind which is fine but you have to know whem to switch gears and speak to the heart of a home buyer. Also l, do uncconventional marketing, if you are exhausted with the same routine and same outlets that you curentlt use to market you may very well have exhausted them!! Don't take exposure lightly.
Web Reference:  http://Www.gspny.com
Gary R. DeFi…, Agent, New York, NY
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Hi Mary:

I'd be more than happy to help you find a buyer, for 2% commission. I have buyers looking for homes in that price range. Send me the info and pictures of your listing and I will see if my buyers are interested.

Gary R. DeFilippo
Neuhaus Realty
718 689-3850
Alex Levin, Agent, Staten Island, NY
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Enlist the services of a Broker that have enough money to create a solid marketing campaign and actually will follow up with the leads he gets.
Broker /Owner of the Real Estate is probably your best choice.
You see, when you are trying to sell it on your own, you'll never know if you are getting the right price for your property and it will take a lot of tall from your day by day life: trust me. I know Broker cost money, but honestly, your benefits worth it.
The only thing is: make the right choice
Remember-Broker sells the house, not the Agency!
Leslie Ann W…, Agent,
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Hi Mary
Working with a qualified agent is the besy way to get the most exposure of your home. You cannot buy space on the MLS. Real Estate professionals pay dues and fees each year to join the MLS.There are lots of expenses involved when a good agent markets your home properly and a good agent earns their commission. Plus , we can help you with staging and open houses which are announced to other brokers so they can bring their buyers as well.
I would lile to meet you and interview for the job of helping you get your property sold. Please feel free to call me at 718 316 0011 and we can discuss
Best regards
Bella Grossm…, Agent, STATEN ISLAND, NY
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Best way for you is, of course list with a broker that can make a CMA/ market analysis and give you an idea of how much your house worth, $100,000 is a big gap when pricing your house. When listing with a professional, that when your listing gets the most exposure, not only to potential buyers, but to all brokers that work with potential buyers and know that they are pre-approved, willing and able to purchase your home. If you have any questions at all, feel free to give me a call.

Bella Grossman

SI DREAM HOUSE RE
(917)804-6638
Alain Picard, Agent, Puyallup, WA
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Listing your home with a Real Estate Professional is by far the best way to get the most exposure for your home. Most agents are members of a MLS and most agents use their MLS to search for homes for their buyers. If you are going to do a FSBO it sounds like you already have your home listed on some internet sites so I would just be patient.
Annette Law…, Agent, Palm Harbor, FL
Mon Sep 30, 2013
Install a really, really, really big sign in front of your $750,000 to $850,000 home.
-
There are many many ways to drive traffic to your listing. However, what you really want is buyers who are qualified, motivated and capable of making a home purchase.
-
Access to those strategies, that critical mass of buyers, the network of solution providers is worth paying for.
-
Meanwhile, you always have Craigslist, newpaper, community bulletin boards and of course Zillow and the FATAL ZESTIMATE.
-
By the way, just to avoid much confusion. the term 'Listing' refers to a home for sale that is 'listed' in the Multiple Listing Service by a REALTOR. What you have is not a listing. It is a FSBO. A home for sale by owner. FSBO Listing is a contradiction of terms.